Starling Marte Acquired, Villar, Smith & Mejia Traded, Diaz Opts In

Admin

1 minute ago, marlinsmaniac said:

I feel they should fill the bullpen from their rotation surplus, not trade away for basically a one season rental. 

This is what I've been saying!!! Even BEFORE the season!

Fill the bullpen with our top prospect pitchers and get them MLB exposure/experience that way. Ease them in. Let them see what adjustments they have to make for 2021.

• Like 2

Elieser would make a hell of a bp pickup for a playoff bound team if they trade for him. he's pretty good the first two times through a lineup so he'd likely really help a team out from the pen and provide some quality innings...his value goes up even more as a long relief option with the universal DH this year.

I really want a quality bat for the lineup - someone under control for a couple seasons at least.  Don't think that'll happen though.

28 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Weird wording there. What if Villar is moved to say Minnesota? Then what Joe? Why is Jazz a possibility if Villar goes to Toronto?

How would Villar be moved to Toronto? I thought the Canadian border was closed at the moment.  Shenanigans!

Edited by hovertical