Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

Opening Day Roster Predictions

Basically two weeks away from finalizing the Opening Day roster... anyone wanna toss out their predictions?

I'll organize the spots a bit and update as cuts are made...

Rotation - 5 of Urena, Straily. Chen. Alcantara. Richards, Lopez, Smith

Bullpen - 8 of Steckenrider, Conley, Romo, Guerrero, Brice, Ferrell, Garcia, Quijada. Kinley, Anderson, Brigham, Noesi, KickhamEveld, Graves (there are others but I doubt any of them have a chance)

Infield - 5 or 6 of Anderson, Castro, Rojas, Riddle, Prado, Walker, Cooper, Alvarez, Rivera

Outfield - 4 or 5 of Brinson, O'Brien, Granderson, Dean, Herrera, Guerrero, Ramirez, Galloway

Catchers - 2 of Alfaro, Wallach, Holaday

I can dig it. Chen may be better in the pen, IDK if that game against the Nats was any indication of anything, but four innings on the road not allowing a run and pitching well overall ...

Lopez looking very good so far, hope he continues that, and he could be fun to watch.

I think the infield is set:  Anderson, Rojas, Riddle, Castro, Prado, Walker.

Reading the tea leaves, I think the outfield will be:  Brinson, Granderson, O'Brien, Herrera. 

I don't much like the idea of Herrera over Austin Dean, but the powers that be seem to be seeking versatility.

36 minutes ago, LHPMarlin said:

I think the infield is set:  Anderson, Rojas, Riddle, Castro, Prado, Walker.

Reading the tea leaves, I think the outfield will be:  Brinson, Granderson, O'Brien, Herrera. 

I don't much like the idea of Herrera over Austin Dean, but the powers that be seem to be seeking versatility.

Herrera has the inside track because none of the others can really play center field and someone has to be capable of backing up Brinson. I think people are overlooking that fact.

I think they are going to start Chen at home and use him as a reliever on the road. That makes the rotation and pen tricky to put on paper. There is going to be some swinging going on there.

8 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

There is going to be some swinging going on there.

Especially when Chen starts!

51 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I think they are going to start Chen at home

He most likely lives in Taiwan so that would be a heck of a commute for the rest of the team.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

I think there should be a prize for those who make accurate predictions for the roster. I'll start:

There will be 25 MEN on the roster. I left wiggle room for the Marlins to sign the chick from Pitch, and a time machine to sign Henry Rowengartner.