Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

Opening Day Roster Predictions

23 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

He most likely lives in Taiwan so that would be a heck of a commute for the rest of the team.

I say we let him stay in Taiwan between starts, and make sure he has visa troubles everytime he wants to leave Taiwan.

I'm sure if we greased some palms with some Tai-Phio we can make it happen.

Glenn Geffner✔@GlennGeffner

After Caleb Smith's 4 perfect innings with 6 K's on 47 pitches today, the @Marlins' young starters (Sandy Alcantara, Pablo Lopez, Trevor Richards and Caleb Smith) have combined for a 1.64 ERA and a .135 opponents average with 42 strikeouts in 38 1/3 Grapefruit League innings.

--------------------

Interesting that these 4 names are the ones mentioned: Sandy Alcantara, Pablo Lopez, Trevor Richards and Caleb Smith.... because I would like to see Straily and Chen gone

They've all looked great this spring overall, deciding who doesn't make the cut could be difficult. Or at least, maybe better said, no one has made it obvious that they don't belong in the rotation to start the season. Let's see what they decide on. 

56 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

Glenn Geffner✔@GlennGeffner

After Caleb Smith's 4 perfect innings with 6 K's on 47 pitches today, the @Marlins' young starters (Sandy Alcantara, Pablo Lopez, Trevor Richards and Caleb Smith) have combined for a 1.64 ERA and a .135 opponents average with 42 strikeouts in 38 1/3 Grapefruit League innings.

--------------------

Interesting that these 4 names are the ones mentioned: Sandy Alcantara, Pablo Lopez, Trevor Richards and Caleb Smith.... because I would like to see Straily and Chen gone

He did specify the "young" pitchers.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

He did specify the "young" pitchers.

just sayin' I could live without Straily and Chen in the rotation

7 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

just sayin' I could live without Straily and Chen in the rotation

And I could live with a hug.

Bring it in, buddy.

8 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

I could dig it. Long relief utilized and fun stuff.

16 hours ago, Michael said:

I could dig it. Long relief utilized and fun stuff.

I mean, if we have a "Home" starter in Chen and a "Road Starter" replacement it could work. Then have a "Piggybacker" I kinda dig that idea. Two pitchers for a 9 inning game, one comes in- leaves in 6... another finishes the last three.