Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

Opening Day Roster Predictions

16 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Marlins got guys named Machado, Guerrero, and H Ramirez to trick the fans... apparently they got this guy too...

They aren't even trying to hide what they are doing anymore.

• Laugh 1

Tyler Kinley is the only pitcher left with even an outside shot of making the team but it sure looks like they're keeping all 7 of the rotation candidates along with Steck Conley Romo Guerrero Ferrell and Brice so the pitching roster is basically set. Next is sorting out who actually goes to the bullpen first.

Social media has a lot of people upset over Granderson staying over Dean. Anyone agree with that? 

I think Dean's time will come but he has options so he was clearly the odd man out plus it's not like him making the Opening Day roster is make or break for us. He'll be back soon enough. Surprised about the uproar there.

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Social media has a lot of people upset over Granderson staying over Dean. Anyone agree with that? 

I think Dean's time will come but he has options so he was clearly the odd man out plus it's not like him making the Opening Day roster is make or break for us. He'll be back soon enough. Surprised about the uproar there.

Dean had a fantastic spring so that's probably why there is an uproar. Like you said, he'll be back soon.

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

Dean had a fantastic spring so that's probably why there is an uproar. Like you said, he'll be back soon.

I could argue he should be up over a guy like OBrien but I think them acting like Grandy took his spot is weird to me. Granderson was always penciled in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Tyler Kinley is the only pitcher left with even an outside shot of making the team but it sure looks like they're keeping all 7 of the rotation candidates along with Steck Conley Romo Guerrero Ferrell and Brice so the pitching roster is basically set. Next is sorting out who actually goes to the bullpen first.

I don’t think it’s controversial.  You sign Granderson to put him on the opening day roster.  Dean has options to use.  It’s cut n dry.  We will see Dean plenty this year.  Guys get injured.  

• Like 1