Santiago Chavez added to taxi squad

Admin

Jesus Christ, I’m not sure how they haven’t been able to acquire someone like Johnathan Lucroy or Kevin Plawecki from the Red Sox. I love the Sox, (grew up watching with my grandpa) but they’re terrible this year and have no need for both of them with Vazquez. They’re better off with some cash to offset the luxury tax than a good backup catcher.

Edited by marlinsmaniac

29 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Jesus Christ, I’m not sure how they haven’t been able to acquire someone like Johnathan Lucroy or Kevin Plawecki from the Red Sox. I love the Sox, (grew up watching with my grandpa) but they’re terrible this year and have no need for both of them with Vazquez. They’re better off with some cash to offset the luxury tax than a good backup catcher.

It's been hinted that they're in the market for another catcher.

12 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

sure if it if you are willing to pay the price for someone that belongs in AAA/MLB.

not the AA like guys the Marlins now have as their actual backups.

Most teams aren’t willing to even give up their backup C right now because it’s a shortened season and a lot of teams are in the race.

We currently have our backup catcher hurt, as well as the 3rd string catcher out.

I’m sure the Cardinals would have an awesome 4th string catcher ready to step in.

Edited by Erick

3 hours ago, Erick said:

Most teams aren’t willing to even give up their backup C right now because it’s a shortened season and a lot of teams are in the race.

We currently have our backup catcher hurt, as well as the 3rd string catcher out.

I’m sure the Cardinals would have an awesome 4th string catcher ready to step in.

if only they had a ryan lavernaway type guy or something.  damn.

Fyi Chavez was added to the taxi squad because of the rule that a catcher must be on the taxi squad. I doubt the Marlins plan on using Chavez unless it's an emergency, same as they did with Navarreto. I'd assume Wallach is the next one brought in but adding him to the taxi squad doesn't make sense right now. 

• Like 1