Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

A few MLB changes coming Thursday

1 minute ago, canada-marlin24 said:

The three batter minimum makes no sense. So say its a 1 run lead in the 9th inning with 2 outs, you can't bring in a lefty to face a lefty?

Sure sounds that way.

4 minutes ago, canada-marlin24 said:

The three batter minimum makes no sense. So say its a 1 run lead in the 9th inning with 2 outs, you can't bring in a lefty to face a lefty?

Exactly. MLB wants more offense so preserving a one run lead isn't exciting to them so they're basically making it easier for the other team to score more runs there because winning the game isn't as important as creating more offense lol. The funny thing too is that that situation is gonna lead to more blown saves and thus more tie games and thus more extra inning games and thus longer average game times which they apparently hate as well... idiots.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I think they had a pitcher in, they wanted to use him for another batter later in the order, they put the pitcher in the outfield for a batter or two, I think they brought in another pitcher for a batter or two, and then put the original pitcher back in.

Why is this a bad thing? It rarely happens anyways. I can't believe the things they're concerning themselves with.

26 minutes ago, canada-marlin24 said:

Well, if the previous pitcher had faced 3 batters, they could, as a pitcher can come in to finish the inning (a pitcher ending the inning negates the 3 batter minimum).

19 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Why is this a bad thing? It rarely happens anyways. I can't believe the things they're concerning themselves with.

I'm with you.  Maybe they want to avoid conflictions with the 3 batter rule?  i.e. swapping a pitcher in and out of the field so you can still mix and match for a batter (until they both reach 3 or end an inning)?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Maybe they want to avoid conflictions with the 3 batter rule?  i.e. swapping a pitcher in and out of the field so you can still mix and match for a batter (until they both reach 3 or end an inning)?

This makes sense.

Just now, SilverBullet said:

This makes sense.

They planned ahead for a Maddon move, smart.

What if your relief pitcher tears a labrum after 1 batter?  How do they prove then and there that his labrum is torn and it’s a legit injury. 

What if

what if

3 minutes ago, DTrain said:

What if your relief pitcher tears a labrum after 1 batter?  How do they prove then and there that his labrum is torn and it’s a legit injury. 

What if

what if

Well, Girardi wouldn't care. He'd keep him in there even if there's a rain delay.