Officially halfway through the season.

.500 record.

15-15.

Do you think that the Marlins would need to go something around 20-10 over the next 30 games to realistically make the Post season. Or with the way every thing is going they might have a chance hovering around the .500 mark the rest of the way?

(Of course, being the Marlins fan that I am, I'm secretly wishing around a 25-5 rest of the season. 😅)

• Like 2

I think it will take just a few games better than .500 to cement a spot unless one of the Phils Mets or Nats get super hot out of nowhere. 

With this shortened schedule I've been thinking since July about how much of a difference a good run can make in the standings and I think the Marlins have already had several strong runs. Might just take .500 with one or two really good weeks to lock it in.

Also something that I would do strategy wise is to use the off day on Thursday to switch Sixto and Elieser in the rotation. That way Elieser and Trevor Rogers, who are clearly the bottom 2 starters in the rotation, are lined up to  start on the two doubleheaders against Philly. It would maximize Sixto so he can go more than 7 innings and Elieser who would have less pressure to face the 3rd time in the order.

• 1 month later...