Alcantara's Last Outing

I have followed each Marlin game  primarily on gameday live since 2001. I can routinely guess where an out or no out will occur, by position based on the location of the pitch and the kind of pitch that was thrown. Gameday in a way, for me, is like a computer that shows the consistency of each result by the pitch that was offered.   Well with that said, I was watching Alcantara's last start against the Rays on Gameday and something strange and different glared out immediately that I knew instantly after the first inning that the Rays could have been cheating.  I'm not saying this is 100% true but the way the Rays where able to hit off of Alcantara was not possible, it just wasn't. Of course it can't be proven, not by me but I know instinctively that something was going on. 

What really prompted me to open a new thread was when I just discovered that Garrit Cole also believes that the Rays may have been cheating.  

I know the Marlins face the Rays again and after being publicly called out by Cole, expect a better start from Alcantara. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

I have followed each Marlin game  primarily on gameday live since 2001. I can routinely guess where an out or no out will occur, by position based on the location of the pitch and the kind of pitch that was thrown. Gameday in a way, for me, is like a computer that shows the consistency of each result by the pitch that was offered.   Well with that said, I was watching Alcantara's last start against the Rays on Gameday and something strange and different glared out immediately that I knew instantly after the first inning that the Rays could have been cheating.  I'm not saying this is 100% true but the way the Rays where able to hit off of Alcantara was not possible, it just wasn't. Of course it can't be proven, not by me but I know instinctively that something was going on. 

What really prompted me to open a new thread was when I just discovered that Garrit Cole also believes that the Rays may have been cheating.  

I know the Marlins face the Rays again and after being publicly called out by Cole, expect a better start from Alcantara. 

Perhaps you could show some screen shots of the things you noticed.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

Perhaps you could show some screen shots of the things you noticed.

Go into MLB scores, plays, all plays. There you can see pitch location and pitch selection. 

Rays scored in the first inning against both Cole &  Alcantara, with Choi hitting HRs (2),(3). Choi somehow hit a 1-2 homer off of a 89 MPH slider after seeing 2 consecutive 97 MPH fastballs. The chances of that is nearly the same as hitting blindfolded. 

With Alcantara, you can see some of the same, I also spotted inside sliders being fouled off that is not normal as well. 

The Rays won 6 in a row before getting called out by Cole. 

Like I said I can't prove it but I knew something seemed odd and with Cole mentioning yesterday it kinda made sense.  

Im not trying to stir the kettle, I'm more focused on Alcantara being a true ace that I think he is. 

13 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I mean, that’s quite a claim to throw out there and then not provide any info as to how you got there lol.

I’m not saying you’re wrong or right, but why make this post and then not In any way explain how you got to your theory?

Like I said, when Cole somewhat indirectly called out the Rays, I was compelled to bring this up, seeing that it confirms with my first thoughts 3 days ago. 

Im not here to prove it because I can't. Cole as of now cannot as well. But I know what I see based on what (human) baseball players can actually do. 

The post was also to give a little hope that Alcantara is not inconsistent like some of you think. I guess that still remains to be seen nonetheless. 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

And the 10th page of the post automatically begins with two posts by the user who posted last In the previous page. 

10th page and all pages after that. Starts on the 8th page when multiple threads are started in the same day. Also, you don't need to post content on the first post, just make sure the second post is occupied by content.

I envy someone who only watches the games on Gameday because it means they never have to hear Hollandsworth.

Seriously though Gameday is a great thing but no way can I choose to "watch" there as I hate waiting for each pitch not knowing what's happening its excruciatingly painful and I always refresh thinking maybe my page has frozen and sometimes it does freeze and suddenly it refreshes and the game has advanced like 5 pitches ahead for me lol. 

I only use Gameday when I literally can't watch but I feel the need to follow the game such as when there's a day game and I'm at work.

• Like 2

Since 2001 I have watched every season closely on gameday.  Before there was  gameday I would wake up early, grab the newspaper and turn to the sports section to see the box scores.  I remember the discouragement I would feel when we played the west coast teams, the results would be printed the following day so I had to wait.  I still remember being a huge fan of Chuck Carr at the time and those old teal uniforms, how could I not want to be a marlins fan.

I have been a fan, living in Iowa since the expansion. I don't know if that makes me the biggest fan, don't care and I hope I'm not.  It hasn't been a mistake though, I will never regret it.

I admit, I was a bit forward to call out the Rays, glad the series is over. 

• Like 3

There was a time back in 2003 where for most of the season I wasn’t able to watch many Marlins games on Tv or listen on the radio (was living out of market most of that year) and Gameday was the only thing I had, and there were so many great moments in that ‘03 season that I experienced watching Gameday, using my imagination to picture Mike Lowell and Miguel Cabrera HRs and Juan Pierre/Luis Castillo stolen bases. 😂

I still remember one of the best games of that season and probably Marlins history, the Marlins were playing the Red  Sox on June 28th, 2003. They were losing 9-2 going into the top of the 8th inning. They scored 4 runs in the 8th and 4 runs in the 9th, Brenden Looper came in and got the save and the Marlins beat the Red Sox 10-9 at Fenway in one of the most amazing come from behind games ever.

And it was definitely a fun game to watch on Gameday, as back in those days there was a much longer delay, so you would just see the ball was put in play, but no further details about what happened until the update like 1 minute later and it was pretty fun to see the come from behind win that night, waiting for the update and seeing runs being scored. That’s  one of my favorite Marlins memories; that summer of 2003, and that fun game and moment watching on Gameday. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

There was a time back in 2003 where for most of the season I wasn’t able to watch many Marlins games on Tv or listen on the radio (was living out of market most of that year) and Gameday was the only thing I had, and there were so many great moments in that ‘03 season that I experienced watching Gameday, using my imagination to picture Mike Lowell and Miguel Cabrera HRs and Juan Pierre/Luis Castillo stolen bases. 😂

I still remember one of the best games of that season and probably Marlins history, the Marlins were playing the Red  Sox on June 28th, 2003. They were losing 9-2 going into the top of the 8th inning. They scored 4 runs in the 8th and 4 runs in the 9th, Brenden Looper came in and got the save and the Marlins beat the Red Sox 10-9 at Fenway in one of the most amazing come from behind games ever.

And it was definitely a fun game to watch on Gameday, as back in those days there was a much longer delay, so you would just see the ball was put in play, but no further details about what happened until the update like 1 minute later and it was pretty fun to see the come from behind win that night, waiting for the update and seeing runs being scored. That’s  one of my favorite Marlins memories; that summer of 2003, and that fun game and moment watching on Gameday. 

I remember that series in Boston, I think the Sox took the first game, scoring over 10 runs. After the game Jack said they better not score all there runs in one game.  The next two games became a slugfest. It really felt like a playoff series. 2003 I was glued to monitor. That team would have won multiple championships, they where so fun to watch. 

Here, the only televised games aired are  against the Cardinals or the Cubs. The Braves televised as well in the early 90s.

24 minutes ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

I remember that series in Boston, I think the Sox took the first game, scoring over 10 runs. After the game Jack said they better not score all there runs in one game.  The next two games became a slugfest. It really felt like a playoff series. 2003 I was glued to monitor. That team would have won multiple championships, they where so fun to watch. 

Here, the only televised games aired are  against the Cardinals or the Cubs. The Braves televised as well in the early 90s.

Yes. That first game of the series on June 27th of that year the Red Sox won 25-8 and they scored 14 runs in the first  inning.. 😂

So it made that come from behind win the following night extra fun!

Hahaha. I remember those days where if you didn’t live in the Marlins tv market you had to wait till they played the Cubs to watch on WGN Superstation or played the Braves and maybe hoping at least one of the games in the series would be on TBS Superstation. 😂

• Like 1