Jose Urena to Take Elieser Hernandez's Spot, Likely For the Rest of 2020.

SongInTheAir

5 minutes ago, SongInTheAir said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, the National League's favorite pitcher to go up against will now get to face the same teams multiple times in a week.

I will donate $50 to charity if Urena ends the season with an ERA under 5.00 (assuming he makes...let's say 4 starts)

I'd hope if he gets rocked that much that we'd try someone else given we're in the race.

Well, there’s always the small chance that we get 2017’s (14-7, 3.82 ERA) Jose Ureña. 

Highly unlikely. But here’s hoping. 

I mean, well let’s pretend the only other starting option was Humberto Mejia. Do you take Mejia over Ureña?

But yeah, it’s always a edge of your seat game, hoping to not see a mistake pitch every time he throws the ball when you see this Ureña out there.

Where is Yamamoto at his full potential when you need him? 😂

Edited by SirFishFan

48 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Well, there’s always the small chance that we get 2017’s (14-7, 3.82 ERA) Jose Ureña. 

Highly unlikely. But here’s hoping. 

I mean, well let’s pretend the only other starting option was Humberto Mejia. Do you take Mejia over Ureña?

But yeah, it’s always a edge of your seat game, hoping to not see a mistake pitch every time he throws the ball when you see this Ureña out there.

Where is Yamamoto at his full potential when you need him? 😂

Urena's 2017 mild success was almost 100% luck based. His underlying numbers were just as bad (and sometimes even worse!) than the rest of his career. So here's hoping for good luck!

48 minutes ago, SongInTheAir said:

Urena's 2017 mild success was almost 100% luck based. His underlying numbers were just as bad (and sometimes even worse!) than the rest of his career. So here's hoping for good luck!

2018 was a better year for him anyways. ERA slightly higher, sure, but it was a lot closer to his FIP and xFIP for that year, unlike the previous seasons.

He was actually pretty unlucky in '15 and '16!

13 minutes ago, Michael said:

2018 was a better year for him anyways. ERA slightly higher, sure, but it was a lot closer to his FIP and xFIP for that year, unlike the previous seasons.

He was actually pretty unlucky in '15 and '16!

Exactly, it goes both ways, just depends on what you want to believe. 

Just now, jeffreysfishfry said:

Exactly, it goes both ways, just depends on what you want to believe. 

SITA has a deep, irrational hatred for Urena that I just can't pinpoint ...

He doesn't actually hate Urena, I believe he just thinks we could do a lot better with current options, and I kind of agree, but I'm willing to have him go a few times for double-header starts.

10 minutes ago, Michael said:

SITA has a deep, irrational hatred for Urena that I just can't pinpoint ...

He doesn't actually hate Urena, I believe he just thinks we could do a lot better with current options, and I kind of agree, but I'm willing to have him go a few times for double-header starts.

I think between Acuna and the belief that Urena was an opening day pitcher didn't help as well.  I'm not speaking for SITA, but more to the general consensus on this board. 

Edited by jeffreysfishfry

1 minute ago, hovertical said:

we also get the "special" privilege of hearing Todd call him "oOOOOOooohrena" just because Todd thinks it's funny.  Heaven help us all if Urena ends up being TBD some day and/or takes Zumba classes.

"Ooooooohrena Zooooooomba Classes TBD! Hahahaha hohoho hehe hoho ohohohohoh hehe haha hohohohoho arm side run, I mean, my goodness oh oh oh."

• Haha 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.