2020/21 off-season

10 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

It's really unbelievable that the Padres still have the most players in the 2021 BA TOP100 list after traded away so many prospects, would we keep all our six players in that list if we trade for Contreras ?

We would absolutely keep all six if we trade for Contreras. Like I said, we probably wouldn't have to part ways with any in our top 10 to get him. Cubs want much younger players. We have a good bit of those. Just added Cappe. Already have Salas, Ian Lewis. Eudy Perez (I may have this name wrong - the super tall pitcher we have who is 17).

Could even offer the Cubs guys like Mokma, Fitterer ... we have a lot of depth these days, it's nice.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Michael said:

We would absolutely keep all six if we trade for Contreras. Like I said, we probably wouldn't have to part ways with any in our top 10 to get him. Cubs want much younger players. We have a good bit of those. Just added Cappe. Already have Salas, Ian Lewis. Eudy Perez (I may have this name wrong - the super tall pitcher we have who is 17).

Could even offer the Cubs guys like Mokma, Fitterer ... we have a lot of depth these days, it's nice.

So what's the chance we got him ?

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

Hate to break it to you but this means they'll only get one more player because one player has 2 arms and can hold a bat. They can knock off all three targets with just one player. 

Yeah but that player is going to take us to the World Series. We just need to sign somebody.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Still almost a month until pitchers and catchers report, plenty of time to add a certain catcher.

Give me Contreras, Rosario/Duvall, and Yates/workman/hand (in that order of preference since Hand gives me “I’m due to regress” vibes and the whole C.O.L. Thing)

Workman is really good, he just fell in love with the curveball a bit too much and started falling behind in the count.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Give me Contreras, Rosario/Duvall, and Yates/workman/hand (in that order of preference since Hand gives me “I’m due to regress” vibes and the whole C.O.L. Thing)

Workman is really good, he just fell in love with the curveball a bit too much and started falling behind in the count.

Yates is gone. 

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I like this. Our rotation can be great but they're young. Losing Urena and Caleb Smith and even Dan Straily and even Chen over the years means losing guys who can eat innings. I think that would be nice to have.

An Anibal reunion would make me happy.

• Like 4