2020/21 off-season

11 hours ago, Major-Minor said:

Contreras yes. And def. hate spending on relief pitchers.

Not sold on Rosario but he fits the traditional Marlins mold with FEAST or FAMINE gaming. I can see him coming to town.

...and then there is Benintendi and Santander. Not really sure there either...like the idea of it...but their respective fan base are so bipolar on them...that is really worrisome.

What I think will REALLY happen:

They will sign someone like Jon Jay or Kevin Pillar to a one year deal and act like it was a steal. Next, they will make some really cool JPEG of our new try-me-out player standing really tough with his name written in caliente red and the hashtag "justgettingstarted" or something like that. By Friday we will have 4 or 5 packages made by amateurs...which the Marlins will ask permission to use and they will turn them into GIFS ...slap on some more flashy colors... and maybe add a spoiler and spinners and flames on the side so it's really fast...post it nonstop on instagram and twitter...because that is free.

Then I will have to sweat it out and hope this player is as valuable as Dickerson or Aguilar...while I also stress out about an aging Dickerson and Aguilar...

Here comes a Marlins, Player...the circle of life.

In all fairness, I ain't opposed to hiring a veteran stopgap like Pillar (who is still a fine baseballer) and then essentially replacing him with the hottest outfielder on the Jumbo Shrimp at the start of June.

We gotta keep in mind, the upper levels are gonna have Bleday, Encarnación, Sánchez, Miller, and Harrison -- to say nothing of Conine, Burdick, Misner, and VVM. There's bound to be at least one of those fellas forcing his way into the MLB in the first 1/3 of the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I don't know why people always wish for a lights out closer... considering we play most of our games at night, I prefer a closer who can pitch with the lights on.

#CheapJeter wants to save money by playing without the lights on for 2021.