2020/21 off-season

8 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

I could picture Sandy, Pablo........... Not sure who else.. maybe Yimi if he has 15-20 saves and a 1.20 ERA by All Star break, maybe..

That's about it..

We all tend to be pretty pessimistic at time but Sixto is an elite pitcher, he just has to refine his pitch selection a bit and not overthrow. If he does he’s an easy all star. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Michael said:

Two hitters.

Aguilar or Marte and.. Willson Contreras. 😁

Trust me I would love to see 4 Marlins, not just at the All Star game, but starting!

It's a little hard at the moment to imagine that with the current roster the Marlins have, but let's wait and see, hopefully we'll be pleasantly suprised at the all star break.. and after last season and with everything still going on right now, it would be awesome if they play the MLB All Star Game played this year. Already the NBA all star game scheduled for next month has been postponed and still up in the air if it will happen.

You know why I don't believe Ng? Because they're not looking for a headliner... they just need one decent FA bat and there's a ton of them left. It won't take much to snag one sooner or later.

I'm reading Ng's words as just saying they've whiffed on every attempt thus far (Benintendi, Contreras, Santander, and whoever else) so as of now the roster is the roster... but it's not like they've closed up shop for the offseason either. They'll keep looking and they'll get someone. 

With that said... yes I'm disappointed in their offseason thus far on the offensive side. Gotta throw that out there. They haven't done enough when essentially every other NL East team has taken steps forward. I trust that this team will fight and claw like they did last season but at this point the Marlins are clearly the worst team in the division on paper, there's no reason to believe they can contend without the rest of the division collapsing on itself again. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

They haven't done enough when essentially every other NL East team has taken steps forward. I trust that this team will fight and claw like they did last season but at this point the Marlins are clearly the worst team in the division on paper, there's no reason to believe they can contend without the rest of the division collapsing on itself again. 

The sky is falling now ?

The Miami Marlins will finish in last place in the National League East if the current roster is still the roster on Opening Day. The Marlins won't be a bad team, but every other team in the division improved, some quite significantly. We don't need a Lindor or a Realmuto, but we can't go into the season with what we currently have and expect to win more than 75-80 baseball games. 

• Like 2

Fan#1 wants Marlins to sign Bauer, Hendriks, Realmuto and Springer, Ng say "no, we had a plan and we're sticking to that plan stubbornly ".

Fan#2 wants Marlins to sign Hand, McCann and Ozuna, Ng say "no, we had a plan and we're sticking to that plan stubbornly ".

Fan#3 wants Marlins to sign Bradley and Rosario, Ng say "no, we had a plan and we're sticking to that plan stubbornly ".

Fan#4 wants Marlins to acquire Willson Contreras, Ng say "no, Alfaro is very good ".

7 hours ago, Major-Minor said:

I pay them for my happiness so I want them to use that money to try and make me happy...

...and I will complain either way.

That's the contract. That's the marriage. We both have a role.

They get all the glory and money...I get to complain and pretend I am a vital part of the organization.

Their only job is winning and using their winningness to be ambassadors of good.

It seems pretty reasonable to me.

1000% totally agree. 

Edited by taiwanmarlin

3 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Don't blame Sherman because Jeter told him to spend little and earn big, Ng is just a yes-man and maybe that's why she got the job… maybe Hill would do a better job. 

Ng can't go rogue and just add to the payroll without ownership approval, no GM can do that.

If you want to be mad at someone in the organization about the lack of action this off-season, be mad at Bruce Sherman.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

It's all business and not baseball, we're fans and they're businessmen, fans want to win and businessmen want to earn the money. 

I don't agree with this thinking. It's not that cut and dry. Baseball is a business but the goal of the business is still winning. They can attempt to do good business while still attempting to win. I'm not sure why so many people act like a team making money is separate from a team winning, as if a team can't do both.

As a matter of fact, "bad business winning" is what the Marlins are specifically trying to avoid which is having a winning team that's in serious debt and thus can't afford to sustain the winning.

You actually should be rooting for your team to win with smart business moves, not bad ones.

5 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Don't blame Sherman because Jeter told him to spend little and earn big, Ng is just a yes-man and maybe that's why she got the job… maybe Hill would do a better job. 

That's not how it works. Why would Jeter tell Sherman to not spend? Jeter wants to win, if anything he's begging Sherman to increase payroll. Sherman makes the payroll decisions, not Jeter.