2020/21 off-season

1 hour ago, CyggyMarlin said:

According to Mish on Twitter, the Cubs supposedly asked for Peyton Burdick in trade talks for Contreras.  Salas and Burdick are two players I don't want to see traded...

So Ng say Yes or No ? I don't see this tweet, would you pls. attach it ?

Edited by taiwanmarlin

1 hour ago, QbanCastillo said:

I'm glad they went with Duvall rather than Benintendi and avoided trading prospects. Not much difference between them and I doubt Duvall stays longer than a year anyway. Too many outfielders battling for spots in the system.

Don't count on Duvall leaving just yet. He could very well be here in 2022 since both Dickerson and Marte are likely gone. So even if the 2022 outfield has a couple of fresh faces like Bleday and Monte, Duvall could very well be the transitional veteran outfielder that sticks around. 

5 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Don't count on Duvall leaving just yet. He could very well be here in 2022 since both Dickerson and Marte are likely gone. So even if the 2022 outfield has a couple of fresh faces like Bleday and Monte, Duvall could very well be the transitional veteran outfielder that sticks around. 

You think they're willing to fork over 7 million on Duvall, though? I think they're hoping a prospect pans out before 2022.

6 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

My dude. Friend. Homey. Sit down for this one:

All three of Dickerson, Marte, and Duvall will be gone by the deadline this season.

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

What if they're in contention?

They'll be traded regardless if the prospects have shown they're ready this time around.

It's going to be a buy/sell deadline, just like this last one (bought Marte, sold Villar).

That's just my prediction, I'm fine to be wrong.

As they said (paraphrasing), nobody is really blocking anybody.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

They'll be traded regardless if the prospects have shown they're ready this time around.

It's going to be a buy/sell deadline, just like this last one (bought Marte, sold Villar).

That's just my prediction, I'm fine to be wrong.

As they said (paraphrasing), nobody is really blocking anybody.

And if either of the three sticks around its Duvall, that's what I was saying in my prior post. 

4 hours ago, QbanCastillo said:

You think they're willing to fork over 7 million on Duvall, though? I think they're hoping a prospect pans out before 2022.

If they need to keep any of the three veteran outfielders in 2022 it's Duvall because he has an option for 2022. Dickerson and Marte are more likely to be gone than Duvall is because they are "expiring contracts" and the team will look to gain value from them before those contracts expire. Not sure why we're acting like a trade of Duvall is guaranteed. For that to happen we'll need not one, not two, but three outfield prospects to prove they're ready and at the same time the Marlins will have to be way out of contention by the deadline. Not sure how we think those things are all guaranteed to happen. Could it? Definitely. But to act like it's a certainty especially when there are, not one, but two expiring veteran contracts to get rid of ahead of Duvall is ridiculous. Could all three of Duvall Marte and Dickerson be traded? Yes it could happen. Could just one or two be traded? Also possible. If one of them is gonna stay, who do you think it is?

Is this 26-man correct (currently)?

C Alfaro

1B Cooper

2B Berti

SS Rojas

3B Anderson

LF Dickerson (L)

CF Marte

RF Duvall

C Leon

IF Aguilar

IF Diaz/Jazz (L)

OF Sierra (L)

OF Ramirez

SP Sandy

SP Pablo

SP Sixto

SP Hernandez

SP Rogers (L)

CL Garcia

SU Bass

MR Curtiss

MR Floro

MR Bleier (L)

MR Cimber

MR Detwiler (L)

MR Hoyt

2 minutes ago, Iowa said:

Is this 26-man correct (currently)?

C Alfaro

1B Cooper

2B Berti

SS Rojas

3B Anderson

LF Dickerson (L)

CF Marte

RF Duvall

C Leon

IF Aguilar

IF Diaz/Jazz (L)

OF Sierra (L)

OF Ramirez

SP Sandy

SP Pablo

SP Sixto

SP Hernandez

SP Rogers (L)

CL Garcia

SU Bass

MR Curtiss

MR Floro

MR Bleier (L)

MR Cimber

MR Detwiler (L)

MR Hoyt

Wallach over Leon for sure... Bass is likely the closer and Garcia gets the 8th... and the 2 Rule 5 picks can't be counted out just yet but overall yes that's it.

The only real competitions are who starts between Jazz and Isan and I'm sure Brinson gets his chance to compete with Sierra and Ramirez but I do think he's the odd man out unless he proves otherwise.

• Like 1