2020/21 off-season

3 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Hope it's not means do nothing in the off-season, everybody knows this team made it to the playoffs due to the 60 game season, so if they didn't upgrade the roster significantly then the next 162 game season would become just another LOSING SEASON. 

He means don't do a Loria and waste money or trade away the farm system just to try and accelerate the process. You can still field a winning team while sticking to the plan. 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

He means don't do a Loria and waste money or trade away the farm system just to try and accelerate the process. You can still field a winning team while sticking to the plan. 

And that is indeed the entire point of a plan. Get to a consistent winning core. And stuff.

Hey @taiwanmarlin do you remember after 2012 when the Marlins had a fire sale and then the 2013 season they lost 100 games as they started another rebuild? Well in 2014 they improved significantly compared to 2013. So what happened going into 2015 and up until Loria sold the team? They spent money on Wei Yin Chen, Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Jeff Locke, and Edinson Volquez, they traded prospects for Mat Morse, Mike Latos, Garrett Jones, Jarred Cosart, Dan Haren, Andrew Cashner, Colin Rea, Dan Straily, and Fernando Rodney. 

If you want them to go that route again then that's all you but I'd rather my team not completely abandon a rebuild plan a year or two into it at the first sign of possible success. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:
everybody knows this team made it to the playoffs due to the 60 game season

Based on what?  Run differential?  

The shortened season helped because it pushed Sixto into the rotation and caused Donnie to be more assertive as a manager.   In a regular season we don't make the playoffs because we would have been to conventional until it was to late. 

What you said may be true but for all the wrong reasons. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Hey @taiwanmarlin do you remember after 2012 when the Marlins had a fire sale and then the 2013 season they lost 100 games as they started another rebuild? Well in 2014 they improved significantly compared to 2013. So what happened going into 2015 and up until Loria sold the team? They spent money on Wei Yin Chen, Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Jeff Locke, and Edinson Volquez, they traded prospects for Mat Morse, Mike Latos, Garrett Jones, Jarred Cosart, Dan Haren, Andrew Cashner, Colin Rea, Dan Straily, and Fernando Rodney. 

If you want them to go that route again then that's all you but I'd rather my team not completely abandon a rebuild plan a year or two into it at the first sign of possible success. 

who would thought you'll be so eloquent 

We got the first WS title in the 1997 because of "lots of FA signings", we got the second WS title in the 2003 because of "the development of young players ", what it means ? it means you would be success with various ways. I always think the fans of this team were self-limit in the ways to improve the team due to the bad memory of Loria era. Who knows would this team won their third WS title in the period of 2004~2017 if half of the trades and FA signings worked ? we shouldn't afraid of making moves just because of the failure of the past .

5 hours ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

Based on what?  Run differential?  

The shortened season helped because it pushed Sixto into the rotation and caused Donnie to be more assertive as a manager.   In a regular season we don't make the playoffs because we would have been to conventional until it was to late. 

What you said may be true but for all the wrong reasons. 

In a 162 game season, only the really good team would overcome all the hurdles in a long season to make it to the playoffs and the 2020 Marlins just not a team like that.

1 hour ago, taiwanmarlin said:

In a 162 game season, only the really good team would overcome all the hurdles in a long season to make it to the playoffs and the 2020 Marlins just not a team like that.

I still think we make the playoffs if we have the extended playoff bracket and 162 games.

With a regular playoff bracket its not happening.  

3 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

We got the first WS title in the 1997 because of "lots of FA signings", we got the second WS title in the 2003 because of "the development of young players ", what it means ? it means you would be success with various ways. I always think the fans of this team were self-limit in the ways to improve the team due to the bad memory of Loria era. Who knows would this team won their third WS title in the period of 2004~2017 if half of the trades and FA signings worked ? we shouldn't afraid of making moves just because of the failure of the past .

Sure, but may as well run cheap and see what hits from the farm first and then make moves from there.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, taiwanmarlin said:

With the winter meeting held remotely and virtual, I really doubt the actual affect of it.

I think them all being locked into the same hotel for a week led to more chatter than some scheduled zoom meetings will.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I know we always making moves late in the off-season, but it's really rare to have almost zero rumor in this point of the off-season, but maybe it's not something bad because this team seems always making moves without leak out a secret. 

Stop It Chill Out GIF by Chicks on the Right

Dude relax.  You're going to give yourself health issues freaking out every day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

patience-quotes-7-1586976684.jpg?crop=1x

“I asked God for patience, he made me a Marlins fan.” 

-SirFishFan

😀

In approximately 3 months from now spring training will be getting underway.

Until then, keep enjoying the rest of the offseason, everyone!

😂

Edited by SirFishFan
  • Like 4