2020/21 off-season

taiwanmarlin

On 11/27/2020 at 10:47 PM, Michael said:

Sure, but may as well run cheap and see what hits from the farm first and then make moves from there.

I agree. I just hope they can filter players  responsibly. 

The Joyce and Brinson platoon last year was horribly managed. It caused more uncertainty and prolonged the teams process for change.  With Brinson, they are still in the same dilemma next year unless he gets traded.  

The prospects should stay in the minors until they are good and ready, or it's just going to be more of the same.  Platooning is ok if you have a rook. I just don't understand it in Brinsons case. Just give him a fair chance, if not than move on. 

1 hour ago, EricWiener said:

It was nice to see progress from Brinson. But let's not pretend he was lighting anything up.

I still think given a proper amount of full-time at bats, we would have seen much more improvement. But, it is what it is and hopefully the successes he had this year, he has taken into this offseason and is working on making them even better.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Michael said:

I still think given a proper amount of full-time at bats, we would have seen much more improvement. But, it is what it is and hopefully the successes he had this year, he has taken into this offseason and is working on making them even better.

i'll bet he'll have a nice spring....

2 hours ago, hovertical said:

i'll bet he'll have a nice spring....

Probably, but so what? His Spring this season was definitely something different in that he cut down so much on strikeout rate.

Hopefully translates into 2021. Let's root for his success.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mystikol87 said:

So the guy cleared waivers, they seem likely to non-tender him, and yet the asking price is "extremely high." Does that make sense to anyone else?

Lol no that last tweet he embedded was From last offseason (check the time stamp at the bottom of the tweet). He’s just illustrating the marlins previous interest in him 

• Like 2