2020/21 off-season

17 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

IF WE DON'T SIGN REALMUTO YESTERDAY OR SOONER, THEN THE MARLIN$ ONLY CARE ABOUT "RUNNING A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS" AND OTHER BS. I DON'T WANT THE MARLINS TO BE A VIEABLE BUSINESS, I WANT OVERSIZED FREE AGENT CONTRACTS AND DINGERS!!!!1!

I said angry not belligerent.

Just now, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

Y'all be nice. I'm nothing on the level of a proper forum bully. I can't help but be a pedant for certain minutiae, but I am pedant in a loving way.

I thought you said pendant for a second there.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

He acts like the off-season has ended already. There's still two month before pitchers and catchers report. He needs to relax.

You also need to relax. ❤️ 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Should be good for a backup corner infielder. 

But why though? You got Cooper and Aguilar fighting over first as it stands if you don’t put any young guys in the equation. BA stands to play most of the time at Third and Berti as a backup up. If we had a DH role, maybe, but I haven’t seen or been bothered to look up Zimmermans batting number recently but I can’t imagine the benefit would be worth the cost.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, AeroFishOne said:

But why though? You got Cooper and Aguilar fighting over first as it stands if you don’t put any young guys in the equation. BA stands to play most of the time at Third and Berti as a backup up. If we had a DH role, maybe, but I haven’t seen or been bothered to look up Zimmermans batting number recently but I can’t imagine the benefit would be worth the cost.

Exactly. Plus we have Lewin on the way (again).

Zimmerman can no longer play third either so he'd strictly be a backup first baseman and pinch hitter. Not needed given Aguilar, Cooper, and Lewin. At least Cooper can sort of play corner outfield spots (in the same manner that I could nowadays probably - not great).

If it was a minor league deal + invite to ST, that would be the maximum I'd extend to him.