2020/21 off-season

5 hours ago, FutureGM said:

I mean the baseball rumor mill has been pretty quiet overall. I think part of the reason is that it's unclear when the season is going to start. I don't believe ST will start on time.

If the Marlins are serious about bullpen help, Brad Hand is probably the best cost-effective option out there.

A source told me there's going to be at least a 3 week delay in the start of either spring training and/or the season.  They'd like for the vaccine to be more widespread before starting ideally.

And that's not accounting for any further covid related delays (or MLB-MLBPA disputes, for that matter)

Edited by rmc523

13 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Sounds like they want Josh Reddick?!?!  He would probably come at a reasonable 2-3yr deal.

Edited by cyoung
3 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

or Joc Pederson, Eddie Rosario, Nomar Mazara and probably more I am forgetting.

I admittedly don't keep up with nearly as much during the offseason - have any of those names been mentioned with the Marlins (other than fan speculation)?  I had heard Reddick back around the end of the season...

Just now, cyoung said:

I admittedly don't keep up with nearly as much during the offseason - have any of those names been mentioned with the Marlins (other than fan speculation)?  I had heard Reddick back around the end of the season...

Not that I know of.

The determination to acquire a proven closer would be the key of this off-season now, need to overpay for it if it's needed. I said it in the beginning of the off-season and I still insist on it now.