2020/21 off-season

9 hours ago, Michael said:

Yes but can also win the upcoming Stephen Tarpley award.

... also how do we still have Yamamoto?

they're going to pencil him in as the #2 starter and see how he does over a full season before they reassess in the offseason again

On 1/8/2021 at 11:29 PM, taiwanmarlin said:

Maybe I think things too simple, but shouldn't the broadcast company be the biggest beneficiary from the rule of "no fans in the stands" for the four major professional sports leagues in the 2020 or maybe 2021? people would only watching the games through the broadcast and not in the stadium. 

Right, that's what I was getting at - obviously any sort of deal "helps" the team, it's just a question of how much help - is it $5M? $50M?  somewhere between?  But if the team decides they don't like what Sinclair is offering, and they walk away, Sinclair gets nothing out of that......meaning theoretically, they should definitely want to get a deal done because they could be the only source of viewing the team if we have fanless games again.

On 1/10/2021 at 3:13 PM, Michael said:

Don't worry about it. Just trust me on this one. 😁

Is it Maddawg from the other site?  Sounds kinda like him lol.

15 minutes ago, hovertical said:

they're going to pencil him in as the #2 starter and see how he does over a full season before they reassess in the offseason again

"We need to see what kind of pitcher he is."

Yams then pitches 260 innings giving up 12 runs, all unearned.

2 hours ago, hovertical said:

Yamamoto is a number two alright. 

3 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Do it! Despite the recent struggles, the dude is a generational talent. I’ve watched every game he’s been in since he came in the league and it’s a timing issue with his stride that he’s battling. Once he fixes that he’s gonna be what yelich was to us before these undoubtedly anomalous years with the brewers. Send some low level prospects over and make it happen.

He also is a dude who has come up BIG in high leverage postseason moments and other than last season has spent each season in the thick of a playoff race (Until late 2019 when the pitching staff went off the rails due to injury and underperformance 

Edited by marlinsmaniac
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Barry Jackson said "Marlins looking for another bat", it means Marlins looking for Benintendi or Marlins looking for other options ?

It means that the Marlins know they need another bat and are looking at options. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, cyoung said:

That entire article talks about how he's on the decline, and would be great to get rid of, LOL.

I stopped reading after I saw "clutch hit's" ...

• Like 2