2020/21 off-season

2 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

This team always not like the low cost elite players …

I wouldn't call O'Day elite but he would be a good addition and they should have at least tried.

Wow Cabrera higher than Sixto says a lot especially with Sixto already showing glimpses of success in the majors. And let's not underestimate how great it is to have Meyer consistently ranked so high because when he was drafted everyone basically said "who?" and complained that the Marlins didn't draft one of the more "known" prospects. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

Wow Cabrera higher than Sixto says a lot especially with Sixto already showing glimpses of success in the majors. And let's not underestimate how great it is to have Meyer consistently ranked so high because when he was drafted everyone basically said "who?" and complained that the Marlins didn't draft one of the more "known" prospects. 

Yeah, and I noticed Lodolo was ranked at No. 100. Wasn't he the fella everyone thought we needed to draft instead of Max?

1 hour ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

Yeah, and I noticed Lodolo was ranked at No. 100. Wasn't he the fella everyone thought we needed to draft instead of Max?

Asa Lacy

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Iowa said:

I'm most upset about Archie Bradley. Shoulda signed him for 6.5 and made him closer

Yeah dude that’s a tough one. My only justification for that has been that I believe they’ll put it toward “impact” offensive upgrades. If they don’t, then yeah that was a stupid move. Unless they tried and he wasn’t interested 🤷🏻‍♂️

7 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Before the start of the regular season, everything is possible, right ?

Some days you are optimistic and somedays the sky is falling... which one is really you?

What would you guys think of (assuming it were a possibility) trading Dickerson for a good bullpen arm and using the $7M they save from him toward signing Ozuna for 2-3 years at around the $18M AAV range? If not what  Would you change about the deal or what other creative and relatively realistic deals would you entertain?

edit: I know that doesn’t solve the issue in right field but I think Ozuna in left and Ramirez/cooper/stopgap lefty FA in right is better than Dickerson in left and Puig/Duvall in right. I really can’t stand Dickerson lol too goofy 

Edited by marlinsmaniac
1 hour ago, marlinsmaniac said:

What would you guys think of (assuming it were a possibility) trading Dickerson for a good bullpen arm and using the $7M they save from him toward signing Ozuna for 2-3 years at around the $18M AAV range? If not what  Would you change about the deal or what other creative and relatively realistic deals would you entertain?

edit: I know that doesn’t solve the issue in right field but I think Ozuna in left and Ramirez/cooper/stopgap lefty FA in right is better than Dickerson in left and Puig/Duvall in right. I really can’t stand Dickerson lol too goofy 

I agree that that arrangement would be better than Dick/Puig/Duvall combo.

The question is whether they want to block some of the guys coming up.

17 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I agree that that arrangement would be better than Dick/Puig/Duvall combo.

The question is whether they want to block some of the guys coming up.

I don’t think they’re really getting blocked, honestly. Marte will be gone after next season so that leaves two open outfield spots for 2022/2023 even with Ozo.

the other thing is we keep talking about blocking people but the only outfielders I have a semblance of faith in are Jerar/Bleday/Misner and eventually conine in a few years. As for the Brinson/Monte/Sanchez group I don’t have any issue giving them a couple years to really develop in the minors or as backups before trusting them. Monte and Sanchez wouldn’t have been up in the bigs had it been a regular season. Brinson showed at the very least a positive progression against lefties though wasn’t necessarily inspiring, and had a lot to do with that atrocious RF WAR. So I’d say an investment in the outfield is absolutely necessary in the next 2-3 seasons. Otherwise, we’ll have a starting outfield of Brinson, Harrison, Sanchez/Encarnación in 2022. Idk about you guys, but other than Encarnación, those dudes have looked pretty shitty at the big league level so I don’t feel confident with that outfield during what is supposed to be the start of contention. I’m not saying something won’t click in their head and they figure it out, but we need ML outfielders to slowly 

Edited by marlinsmaniac
3 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

I don’t think they’re really getting blocked, honestly. Marte will be gone after next season so that leaves two open outfield spots for 2022/2023 even with Ozo.

the other thing is we keep talking about blocking people but the only outfielders I have a semblance of faith in are Jerar/Bleday/Misner and eventually conine in a few years. As for the Brinson/Monte/Sanchez group I don’t have any issue giving them a couple years to really develop in the minors or as backups before trusting them. Monte and Sanchez wouldn’t have been up in the bigs had it been a regular season. Brinson showed at the very least a positive progression though wasn’t necessarily inspiring and had a lot to do with that atrocious RF WAR. So I’d say an investment in the outfield is absolutely necessary in the next 2-3 seasons. Otherwise, we’ll have a starting outfield of Brinson, Harrison, Sanchez/Encarnación in 2022. Idk about you guys, but other than Encarnación, those dudes have looked pretty shitty at the big league level so I don’t feel confident with that outfield during what is supposed to be the start of contention. 

Oh, yeah, I was referring more to the "next" tier of guys like Bleday, etc.  Because as you point out, I've not been impressed with the guys that came up last year.......but I'm also willing to give them a longer leash because of the lack of a minors season.