2020/21 off-season

taiwanmarlin

4 minutes ago, Michael said:

Watch.

This FO will make a big move in like two weeks and everyone will bitch about how it wasn't the right one.

I pay them for my happiness so I want them to use that money to try and make me happy...

...and I will complain either way.

That's the contract. That's the marriage. We both have a role.

They get all the glory and money...I get to complain and pretend I am a vital part of the organization.

Their only job is winning and using their winningness to be ambassadors of good.

It seems pretty reasonable to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Major-Minor said:

I pay them for my happiness so I want them to use that money to try and make me happy...

They get all the glory and money...I get to complain and pretend I am a vital part of the organization.

Their only job is winning and using their winningness to be ambassadors of good.

I may disagree with you, but goddammit I respect you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hopefully Cooper/Aguilar stay healthy most of (preferably all of) the year, then we have 1B covered.

I'm also hoping that if Harold Ramirez is feeling healthy again, he is at least given consideration to seriously compete for RF, which while I would prefer the Marlins picked up a solid RF FA, in case they don't, I would rather give Harold a chance out there over Brinson/Monte/Jesus Sanchez/Matt Joyce-type Random outfielder. Even if he has similar season to 2019, that would still be loads better than what we saw from most of those guys last year, although I would be equally happy if Brinson starts hitting and getting on base regularly, but if not, I'd like to see Harold get a chance to play everyday to at least see what he can do, since he has basically only played one MLB season and is still only 26.

So, unless the Marlins sign a FA outfielder before the season starts, that's what I'd like to see.. Although based on past trends of the Marlins giving me what I'd like to see only ~38% of the time, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Major-Minor said:

You know what, I can get behind this. I won't strictly agree but damn if I don't like the cut of your jib.

Just straightforward. I like you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Watch.

This FO will make a big move in like two weeks and everyone will bitch about how it wasn't the right one.

Well we hope so. We’re just commenting accordingly to the post from Mish. If they stop adding, it would be disappointing. I also followed that up saying it could just be negotiating tactics. So we’ll just have to wait and see 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Cleveland, overpaying anyone?

That’s the part that bugs me a bit lol cleveland has basically sold off its parts over the last two seasons and they still go out and sign a solid major league starting outfielder. This is the year the marlins were supposed to start supplementing the core with some Veteran talent. And I don’t mean Placido Polanco/2013 Juan Pierre veterans. 

Can’t be too mad cause I’m a Red Sox Fan too but I wanted a Hunter Renfroe type signing. At first glance you say he can’t hit for shit, but he has massive power and he’s OPS’d nearly 1.000 against lefties in his career. He’s gonna be an awesome platoon bat in that outfield and they got him for a little over $3M. 

I feel like that’s what’s missing here. Can’t afford one all star? Make an all star “player” out of two guys that that are used correctly.

Edited by marlinsmaniac

1 minute ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Can’t be too mad cause I’m a Red Sox Fan too but I wanted a Hunter Renfroe type signing. At first glass you say he can’t hit for shit, but he has massive powers and he’s OPS’d nearly 1.000 against lefties in his career. He’s gonna be an awesome platoon bat in that outfield. I feel like that’s what’s missing here. Can’t afford one all star? Make an all star “player” out of two guys that that are used correctly.

We'll have four all-stars this year.

10 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

$8M deal for Rosario!!! Inexcusable!!

Yeah that’s not a ripoff.  Fish should’ve been in on him at that price considering they were linked to him. It would seem they felt that price was too high. 

2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Yeah that’s not a ripoff.  Fish should’ve been in on him at that price considering they were linked to him. It would seem they felt that price was too high. 

For sure I jut don’t agree with them lol he’s not just a good players, he’s been playing meaningful games and getting into the postseason the last few years. We need more of those types of dudes who are used to feeling the pressure