2020/21 off-season

12 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

With this team making clear to develop the prospects and not willing to invest to win now, I would call the 2021 season a rebuilding year 4.

I won't say the 2020 season was a fluke or not, I would only say this team played better than the Nats, Mutts and Phillies through the first 60 games, you just would never know what would happen if 2020 is a 162 games season. 

While I was happy the Marlins made playoffs in 2020, it comes with a mixed bag.  The Covid pandemic made it difficult for many of our young prospects to get valuable playing time while some of them were painfully rushed up to fill a roster spot.  Now that playoffs have been made, there is the expectation of "load up on free agents" and "spend spend spend".  The Marlins can't do that just yet, not when there are so many kids close to the majors that still need to be assessed.  I admit, I'd like to see us get some of those big names that are now off the boards, but it's not the Marlins time yet (but soon!).  Getting a lot of big names is only going to block a lot of these guys.  2021 should be the final year of playing the kids and really putting together the core foundation to build around.  The fish might not make playoffs this year, but I see the 2021 season as taking one step back to take two big steps forward later.  There is a plan in place.  Why change it due to early success when the team is close to having a good young core for a long long time.  Be patient.  This team is close, just not yet.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

How can the Mets win now if the season hasn’t started yet?

-This post was inspired by @SilverBullet

😂

If the Mutts acquire Bauer (would be a disaster to us) then they're really win now (winner of this off-season).

7 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

If the Mutts acquire Bauer (would be a disaster to us) then they're really win now (winner of this off-season).

We "won" the offseason in 2012, and how'd that turn out....

The Padres won the offseason in Preller's first year, that imploded too.

Winning the offseason doesn't mean anything.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

you worry too much

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

We "won" the offseason in 2012, and how'd that turn out....

The Padres won the offseason in Preller's first year, that imploded too.

Winning the offseason doesn't mean anything.

Winning the off-season is what you do when your team isn't already very good. There's lots of really good teams this off-season having very quiet winters.

7 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

TBH, I would wait and see what his going rate is

Just give it some time and it’ll go the distance.

Bonus points if any readers got the subtle math formula joke in this post.

Edited by SirFishFan
1 minute ago, SirFishFan said:

Just give it some time and it’ll go the distance.

Bonus points if any readers got the subtle math formula joke in this post.

By all accounts, we need to accelerate getting this done 

28 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

Speed is off the charts

😂

I don’t want to veer too off-topic so..

38 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

By all accounts, we need to accelerate getting this done 

Are those Checking or Savings accounts?