2020/21 off-season

taiwanmarlin

20 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Maybe he thinks the Marlins lowballing him, now use that money to sign Trevor Rosenthal. 

Hey dude, after all your freaking out about the Marlins not doing anything all offseason since November.... you still haven't said a thing about Duvall signing here. Seriously? What do you think of the move?

I'm so close to calling you canada_taiwanmarlin

• Haha 2

Just now, SonOfJack said:

Now that's just confusing

It's really not... canada and an underscore before your name means you only post when things are negative and magically disappear/go on vacation when good things happen. taiwanmarlin has been panicking about the offseason since the minute it began and suddenly he's quiet when the Marlins sign an impact bat.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

It's really not... canada and an underscore before your name means you only post when things are negative and magically disappear/go on vacation when good things happen. taiwanmarlin has been panicking about the offseason since the minute it began and suddenly he's quiet when the Marlins sign an impact bat.

Lol, you just missed the post I made about that signing, I just said it's "fantastic ".

• Like 1

Eh, the off-season was considered "over" by a few reporters a week or so ago and then we signed Duvall yesterday. So who knows if it is actually over?

And just because they aren't chasing anyone else, that could've been because they were confident Kintzler would re-sign.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Eh, the off-season was considered "over" by a few reporters a week or so ago and then we signed Duvall yesterday. So who knows if it is actually over?

And just because they aren't chasing anyone else, that could've been because they were confident Kintzler would re-sign.

I agree. I originally had told @taiwanmarlin not to worry, that once the big guys all signed, we were going to go bargain hunting in what was going to be a strong heap of solid pieces that were left unsigned (a'la Duvall). But certainly one of them is getting signed by the marlins with the money they offered Kintzler.

6 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Mish himself said that he thought the Marlins were done and that RF would probably be a Brinson/Sierra platoon.  So, as much as I think Mish does a good job on Marlins coverage, he doesn't always know everything.  I would think that if they were willing to give Kintzler a $2 million MLB deal, then they will probably pivot to someone else with a similar offer.  

• Like 2

Just now, marlinsmaniac said:

Ehhh, that's a minor league signing with an invite for sure. His strikeout numbers are decent but not someone to commit guaranteed dollars to in this market.

Agreed, hopefully we aren't that one MLB deal unless it is a very low deal.

Just saw that the Tigers picked up Renato Nunez on a minor league deal. That sucks, I would't have minded letting him battle it out for a spot as the bench bat with power. I would prefer him up in the big leagues while giving Isan another year in AAA to work through things and hopefully come back next season better prepared.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Exactly. 

And if Jeter was gonna call Kintzler directly they probably were all in on getting him back.

$2M or not, if they were after Kintzler on a guaranteed deal then it means they feel they need one more solid reliever so you have to believe they'll get at least one more name before ST starts whether it's a major league deal or not.

Also, if Kintzler was getting a major league deal, that means someone else was getting cut off the 40 man roster, I wonder who.

12 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Just saw that the Tigers picked up Renato Nunez on a minor league deal. That sucks, I would't have minded letting him battle it out for a spot as the bench bat with power. I would prefer him up in the big leagues while giving Isan another year in AAA to work through things and hopefully come back next season better prepared.

31 HR, 90 RBI in the 2019…

• Like 1