2020/21 off-season

taiwanmarlin

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

Seems like the Cubs may have taken him off the market though. 

Maybe the much more realistic options were to trade Cooper for one of Ruiz and Campusano, but would that two really have a much better future than Alfaro ? I really want Cooper be our everyday 1B.

29 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

But for the 4th OF ?

Santander would be starting.

Dickerson gets traded in that scenario, absolutely.

4th and 5th outfielders - Sierra, Ramirez. Although I'd trade Harold, too.

Wow, if they're still after Santander then you know this team is serious about trying to contend this season because Dickerson Marte Duvall is a perfectly acceptable outfield, there's no real reason to try and improve that outfield... or maybe better said, no one would complain if they settled on that outfield. So trying to improve it says a lot.

This is crazy to me to have the Marlins actually trying to get better when they don't "need" to.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Wow, if they're still after Santander then you know this team is serious about trying to contend this season because Dickerson Marte Duvall is a perfectly acceptable outfield, there's no real reason to try and improve that outfield... or maybe better said, no one would complain if they settled on that outfield. So trying to improve it says a lot.

This is crazy to me to have the Marlins actually trying to get better when they don't "need" to.

I'm doubt the authenticity of that rumor because it's only reported by a not so famous journalist, but anyway it's really surprised if they really still interested in the Santander even after the signing of Duvall. In the short term, Santander would not for sure better than Dickerson in the 2021 season but in the long term he would give us a controllable young decent OF.

Edited by taiwanmarlin

14 hours ago, Michael said:

Santander would be starting.

Dickerson gets traded in that scenario, absolutely.

4th and 5th outfielders - Sierra, Ramirez. Although I'd trade Harold, too.

Maybe not though, maybe it’s the left handed platoon for Duvall.

Though I’d be all for getting rid of Dickerson, everything about the way he plays is so goofy lol

edit: forgot Santander’s a switch hitter so yes, he would definitely be Dickerson’s replacement. If the savings can be put toward a Contreras trade im good with that

Edited by marlinsmaniac
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I'm doubt the authenticity of that rumor because it's only reported by a not so famous journalist

Very true but sometimes those guys are actually accurate because they have a more specific source that a big time reporter. Just a thought. 

7 hours ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

The Santander rumors is a bit worrisome. Please let it not be because of Coop. jaws GIF

There's no way. The Marlins see Cooper as a first baseman and this would be a trade for another starting outfielder on a team that has like 6 major league ready outfielders with another handful almost ready to make the majors behind them. So this has to be looked at as upgrading over Dickerson. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

There's no way. The Marlins see Cooper as a first baseman and this would be a trade for another starting outfielder on a team that has like 6 major league ready outfielders with another handful almost ready to make the majors behind them. So this has to be looked at as upgrading over Dickerson. 

Unless they want to trade Cooper to the Dodgers.  To do this wouldn’t they have to acquire another OF?  This was my first reaction when the rumors for Santander resurfaced. 

2 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Hope we have a much better projections for the 2022 season. 

Though it’s much more accurate than others I’ve seen, it’s still got some pretty incorrect projections in my opinion. For gods sake they have the Red Sox as a .500 team. They’re tigers/orioles bad 

Edited by marlinsmaniac

3 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Hope we have a much better projections for the 2022 season. 

Ha! Yea. That Red Sox record is absurd.

According to this we finish behind The Reds, The Cubs, The D-Backs, and The Giants...which I have a hard time seeing.

I even think the Nats are about to fall off...

I think the coin flip teams are the Phils and Brewers...meaning I don't have a gut feeling what we will see either way.

That being said...every other team is better than the fish on paper...so...unless a lot breaks right...let's start practicing our generic baseball victimization commentary:

"These are the sorts of games playoff teams win"

"Great weekend taking 2 out 3...Now for the upcoming week...hopefully they end the road trip with at least a .500 record"

And my favorite..."great win...If they can go a run here they will be right back in it"

Edited by Major-Minor
extra word
  • Like 1