9/7 Post Game Thread

That was the probably one of the most, if not the most entertaining Marlins games so far this year.. extra inning win, good hitting moments, not terrible pitching from Ureña, and Aguilar at 3rd and Brian Anderson at 2B. 😂

• Like 1

The Marlins would win at least 10% more games if Don Mattingly were never allowed in the dugout. Let him "manage" the team between games, but put someone with a non-zero baseball IQ in there for in-game decisions please.

3 minutes ago, SongInTheAir said:

The Marlins would win at least 10% more games if Don Mattingly were never allowed in the dugout. Let him "manage" the team between games, but put someone with a non-zero baseball IQ in there for in-game decisions please.

Hahaha. You would probably be happy if Don Mattingly could just get thrown out of every game in the first inning and let the bench coach take over.

• Like 1

This win was aggravating. I'm more excited about having Sixto and Pablo the next two games. The Braves are better than us but this starting pitching gives us a great chance every night. What a great feeling. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, SongInTheAir said:

I don’t see how anything that’s gone wrong is Mattingly’s fault to be honest. What did he do wrong?

53 minutes ago, Erick said:

I don’t see how anything that’s gone wrong is Mattingly’s fault to be honest. What did he do wrong?

Never bunt, Erick.

57 minutes ago, Erick said:

Pretty easy, in the 7th, with a runner on third, one out he elected to pitch to Acuna. Just walk him and go for the double play. After a lucky force out and Swanson single, Mattingly should have intentionally walked Freeman or at least go to the pen for a lefty match up.  

1 hour ago, Erick said:

Two extra inning games in a row where he hands the opposing team an out. You get three outs to score one run. You have a better chance to score with a runner on second and no outs than with a runner on third and one. 

If there’s ever someone to bunt with, it’s probably Berti. I didn’t mind that play. Berti’s the same guy who stole home this year, and he would’ve been safe had he run out of the box (obviously, he injured himself, but still).

Point is, he might be better off bunting than hitting considering speed is his best skill by far.

4 hours ago, SongInTheAir said:

On what grounds? Y'all love to hate on the manager's decisions, but you never explain why. I swear half the time fans are just looking for something to be angry about even when things go right.

Celebrate the win!

1 minute ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

On what grounds? Y'all love to hate on the manager's decisions, but you never explain why. I swear half the time fans are just looking for something to be angry about even when things go right.

Celebrate the win!

I'm seeing the later comments saying this is about the bunts. Here's how I see it: Both Berti and Jazz are plus runners. They aren't just up there looking to sacrifice. Plus, Jazz is a rookie with a history of high strikeout rates. If he's comfortable with bunting, which I think he is, then dropping the bunt there isn't the worst idea. Maybe not my choice, but definitely defendable.

And Berti? He is safe if that ball didn't hit his finger. And if he's safe at first, he's basically safe at second because there's no way in hell they're throwing him out on a steal attempt.

We got folks making it sound like Donnie pinch hit a pitcher for Aguilar. And if Berti and Jazz were safe, I'm sure Donnie would've gotten zero credit. Being a manager sucks.