Marlins on YouTube 2021- ?

Sherman and Jeter should ask if YouTube wants to bid on the local TV rights to Marlins games, Google definitely has the technical ability and funds to make a great bid.

The Fox RSN’s are horribly run outside of Marlins, Heat and Panthers programming.

The nonsensical useless drivel that airs outside of Marlins programming is what is holding our ratings down. It is cheap programming that is worse than watching paint dry. Sherman and Jeter should look at the programming schedule that Jeff Krolik thought was acceptable the past 10 years.

Just Look at Fox RSN’s Programming Schedule on an average Weekday:

3-4PM Epic Fishing

4-5PM Glory Kickboxing

5-6PM Classic Tennis

6-6:30PM Focused

6:30-11PM Marlins Pregame, Game and Postgame

11PM-12AM World Poker Tour

12-1AM World Poker Tour

1-2AM World Poker Tour

2AM-Eternity World Poker Tour

Edited by MarlinsFan19
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MarlinsFan19 said:

Sherman and Jeter should ask if YouTube wants to bid on the local TV rights to Marlins games, Google definitely has the technical ability and funds to make a great bid.

Ehhhhhhhh I like having it on cable ... lol.

It would be free at least, I guess.

Just now, MarlinsFan19 said:

Maybe they will finally learn that Monte Harrison is not Lewis Brinson after a couple of games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
3 minutes ago, Michael said:

Ehhhhhhhh I like having it on cable ... lol.

It would be free at least, I guess.

Google could make a deal with local cable/satellite companies and offer the Marlins more money with the plethora of available cash they have.

Streaming on Youtube on the go would be more reliable than Fox Sports GO.

It is not a crazy idea. Amazon was involved in the bidding for TV rights this off-season so YouTube could very well be involved as well. In terms of getting your foot in the door for sports, the Marlins would be an attractive "low cost" option.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

It is not a crazy idea. Amazon was involved in the bidding for TV rights this off-season so YouTube could very well be involved as well. In terms of getting your foot in the door for sports, the Marlins would be an attractive "low cost" option.

This would also be a great opportunity for YouTube to create Cool and Modern Sports/Lifestyle programming like players music tastes which was seen between innings

The Fox RSN’s are horribly run outside of Marlins, Heat and Panthers programming.

The nonsensical useless drivel that airs outside of Marlins programming is what is holding our ratings down. It is cheap programming that is worse than watching paint dry. Sherman and Jeter should look at the programming schedule that Jeff Krolik thought was acceptable the past 10 years.

3-4PM Epic Fishing

4-5PM Glory Kickboxing

5-6PM Classic Tennis

12-1AM World Poker Tour

1-2AM World Poker Tour

17 hours ago, Michael said:

This I agree with 100%. FSGo SUCKS.

FSGO stops and goes and then you are an inning behind real time.  I thought is was just my connection, although nothing else has that problem in my office where I watch when not home..  Yesterday's stream was perfect in all respects, almost real time, perfect reception and zero issues.  FSGO really does suck, it is only acceptable when there is no choice.  

• Like 1

Nobody cares about RSN programming outside of live sports.  There is basically little to no money in anything but the live sporting events.

It makes sense for YouTube to dip into Local tv deals as there is plenty of money to be made and it can be used to further enhance their tv offerings via youtube tv.  It won't be free, you'd have to pay some type of subscription to get that channel, probably included within YouTube TV though.

Sinclair is the devil and I'm sure they saw nothing but dollar signs when they acquired most fox sports rsn's a couple years ago on the cheap. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, MarlinsFan19 said:

The Fox RSN’s are horribly run outside of Marlins, Heat and Panthers programming.

3-4PM Epic Fishing

4-5PM Glory Kickboxing

5-6PM Classic Tennis

12-1AM World Poker Tour

1-2AM World Poker Tour

I get what you're saying, but really, what else are they supposed to show to fill the other time slots?

20 hours ago, Michael said:

This I agree with 100%. FSGo SUCKS.

It hasn't even worked the last few days - literally just blank.

19 hours ago, MarlinsFan19 said:

This would also be a great opportunity for YouTube to create Cool and Modern Sports/Lifestyle programming like players music tastes which was seen between innings

The Fox RSN’s are horribly run outside of Marlins, Heat and Panthers programming.

3-4PM Epic Fishing

4-5PM Glory Kickboxing

5-6PM Classic Tennis

12-1AM World Poker Tour

1-2AM World Poker Tour

I appreciate your opinion, but did you really need to copy paste your opening post into this reply?

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I get what you're saying, but really, what else are they supposed to show to fill the other time slots?

It hasn't even worked the last few days - literally just blank.

I appreciate your opinion, but did you really need to copy paste your opening post into this reply?

I posted the reply first, I then included it in the opening post because the cheap national Fox RSN programming is why we only attract 19,000 viewers. This season we are serious playoff contenders yet still struggle to attract eyeballs because we have no lead-in programming.

I have a list of programming that would beat the drivel that airs now to lead us in:

1. Sports Betting Show

2. Local Sports Talk Show Simulcast (Hochmann & Crowder)

3. Quick 30 Minute Highlights Show like FSN Final Score of years past

4. A show similar to Detail on ESPN+ that has a legendary player break down important plays from around each league

SNY, YES and NBC RSN’s have great lead-in programming for their teams which leads to higher ratings for those teams.

My point is there comes a juncture where the Fox RSNs have to be told:

It’s not us, it’s you.

when they mention our rating as a reason why they want to offer less.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MarlinsFan19 said:

I posted the reply first, I then included it in the opening post because the cheap national Fox RSN programming is why we only attract 19,000 viewers. This season we are serious playoff contenders yet still struggle to attract eyeballs because we have no lead-in programming.

I have a list of programming that would beat the drivel that airs now to lead us in:

1. Sports Betting Show

2. Local Sports Talk Show Simulcast (Hochmann & Crowder)

3. Quick 30 Minute Highlights Show like FSN Final Score of years past

4. A show similar to Detail on ESPN+ that has a legendary player break down important plays from around each league

SNY, YES and NBC RSN’s have great lead-in programming for their teams which leads to higher ratings for those teams.

My point is there comes a juncture where the Fox RSNs have to be told:

It’s not us, it’s you.

when they mention our rating as a reason why they want to offer less.

Ah, gotcha.

Personally, none of that would get me to tune in earlier.  I tune in at game time, and out after it's over.

How do you know this is true?  And not just because that many watch the team already, so just tune in a bit earlier for the other shows?  Could you not argue that viewers of the fishing show right before may wind up tuning into the game right after?

I'm just playing devil's advocate, but also think you're over-estimating the affect of surrounding programming.

I do like the idea of a local sports show (never heard of who you mentioned).  Ultimately, it sounds like you basically want a mini ESPN surrounding Marlins games?

Edited by rmc523

I would just like to add that yes, Fox sports programming is atrocious, outside of the live local pro teams.

Can't get enough of that World Poker Tour.

Edited by Mr. Man

He's right though, there's nothing I'd ever care to watch on FSN outside of the games. It also seems to be like cheap and seemingly old stock sports programming that nobody really tunes in for. Something that's more modern and upbeat and preferably new daily should be a great help.

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Ah, gotcha.

Personally, none of that would get me to tune in earlier.  I tune in at game time, and out after it's over.

How do you know this is true?  And not just because that many watch the team already, so just tune in a bit earlier for the other shows?  Could you not argue that viewers of the fishing show right before may wind up tuning into the game right after?

I'm just playing devil's advocate, but also think you're over-estimating the affect of surrounding programming.

I do like the idea of a local sports show (never heard of who you mentioned).  Ultimately, it sounds like you basically want a mini ESPN surrounding Marlins games?

Yes, think of SNY and the Mets ratings. The Mets have been atrocious most of this decade and have are one of the highest rated MLB teams locally.

The reason why is shows like: Loudmouths, Baseball Night in New York and most importantly SportsNite that surround Mets coverage.

YES has the Michael Kay Show from 3-6PM.

How much would it cost to simulcast Hochman & Crowder?

At most $25,000 per year. A few cameras to be placed at Entercom (790 The Ticket’s) Studio and a raise for each personality, that’s all.

At this point I’m convinced it’s a lack of effort from those running the RSN’s and not a lack of funds.

By the way if FS Florida added Hochman & Crowder to the lineup it would cover FOUR hours (2-6PM) leading into live events making it very cost-effective.

Fox has made attempts to take their affiliation from WSVN but can’t. Why? WSVN has by far the biggest audience in Miami for their news programming and FOX knows they would take a dive if they built their own station in Miami.

Never underestimate the power of great lead-in programming!

Edited by MarlinsFan19
49 minutes ago, MarlinsFan19 said:

Yes, think of SNY and the Mets ratings. The Mets have been atrocious most of this decade and have are one of the highest rated MLB teams locally.

The reason why is shows like: Loudmouths, Baseball Night in New York and most importantly SportsNite that surround Mets coverage.

YES has the Michael Kay Show from 3-6PM.

How much would it cost to simulcast Hochman & Crowder?

At most $25,000 per year. A few cameras to be placed at Entercom (790 The Ticket’s) Studio and a raise for each personality, that’s all.

At this point I’m convinced it’s a lack of effort from those running the RSN’s and not a lack of funds.

By the way if FS Florida added Hochman & Crowder to the lineup it would cover FOUR hours (2-6PM) leading into live events making it very cost-effective.

Fox has made attempts to take their affiliation from WSVN but can’t. Why? WSVN has by far the biggest audience in Miami for their news programming and FOX knows they would take a dive if they built their own station in Miami.

Never underestimate the power of great lead-in programming!

Thats not why the Mets ratings are higher.  

😂😂😂

14 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Thats not why the Mets ratings are higher.  

😂😂😂

It’s absolutely why, the Mets have a 2.3-2.5 rating which adjusts for population despite being mediocre at best and the Marlins have slightly over a 1.0 rating for 2020 and would be a playoff team right now. The Mets get double the eyeballs population-adjusted because they’re on a better RSN.

20 minutes ago, MarlinsFan19 said:

It’s absolutely why, the Mets have a 2.3-2.5 rating which adjusts for population despite being mediocre at best and the Marlins have slightly over a 1.0 rating for 2020 and would be a playoff team right now. The Mets get double the eyeballs population-adjusted because they’re on a better RSN.

no.

Just now, Michael said:

Explain then, please. ❤️ 

Yes, please explain

It’s not

1. Demographics, South Florida has the highest 55+ population per capita in the U.S.

2. Availability: We’re on cable like everyone else.

3. Performance: We’re a playoff team that’s making a run at the NL East.

4. Commitment: We bought at the trade deadline, adding Marte, a $12 Million player

5. History: We have 2 World Series Championships, the Rays have 0, the Mets haven’t won since ‘86.

Mets have a passionate fan base that has been passionate albiet jaded for decades.

Marlins have no fan base based largely on ownership fucking things over and over again.

the programming leading into the live sports isnt bringing in new viewers.  The same people watching on SUNY for the lead in programs would be watching the Mets also.

You make it sound like fans are going to all of a sudden wake up and say, oh why the fuck not!

Baseline the ratings from 2019 to 2020.

I bet the Marlins are up.

I bet the Mets are at a minimum baseline from last year if not up.

Its not the programming leading into the baseball games.

RSN's literally do not give a flying fuck about other programming other than the live sports and/or any related shows that are tied to said live sports programming (aka inside the clubhouse or whatever the fuck each team calls it)

Guaranteed.

7 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Mets have a passionate fan base that has been passionate albiet jaded for decades.

Marlins have no fan base based largely on ownership fucking things over and over again.

the programming leading into the live sports isnt bringing in new viewers.  The same people watching on SUNY for the lead in programs would be watching the Mets also.

You make it sound like fans are going to all of a sudden wake up and say, oh why the fuck not!

Baseline the ratings from 2019 to 2020.

I bet the Marlins are up.

I bet the Mets are at a minimum baseline from last year if not up.

Its not the programming leading into the baseball games.

RSN's literally do not give a flying fuck about other programming other than the live sports and/or any related shows that are tied to said live sports programming (aka inside the clubhouse or whatever the fuck each team calls it)

Guaranteed.

#1: The fan base has to get past the Loria years, it’s like thinking about you ex from 2 decades ago. We have a great ownership group NOW.

#2. If F**king things up leads to Two World Championships SIGN ME UP!!!

By the way, I watched the great performance tonight and the whole postgame, then what pops up after...

World Poker Tour

Time to CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!!

We should go to YouTube!

Edited by MarlinsFan19
26 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

I hate agreeing with Das and there details that can argue this point but in the context of this conversation this is the truth. 

Outside of diehards like us Miami sports fans aren't programmed to religiously watch Marlins games the way fans in New York are to the Mets and Yankees. It's just two totally different towns as far as how they follow and watch their teams.

With that said I do agree that better lead in programming before Marlins games should be a nice boost for their ratings and I do agree with the post three posts up that explains what the Marlins are doing right, the problem is that this damn city still doesn't give a shit on a grand scale until a playoff spot is actually clinched.