9/8 Post Game Thread

Michael

SIXTO CLOCK is another success!

We win a series IN Atlanta! Weehaw! AND A COMBINED SHUTOUT!

Homers from Joyce, Alfaro, and COOPAHHHH!

Brian Anderson reached base all five times tonight.

Hoyt was a bit wobbly but Bleier got him out of it.

Nick Jan Michael Vinxent was sexy in the 8th.

Stanek returned and pitched a scoreless night.

Let's sweep these fucks tomorrow.

• Like 5

Just now, SilverBullet said:

Soooo muthafuckin crispy!!!

And Pablo going tomorrow gives us a chance for the double breaded extra crispy sweep! Man how nice to have reliable starting pitching basically every night!

And tonight's win takes the Marlins to a 0 run differential, second best in the division. That is wild when you consider the context of the season, how the Marlins have basically been throwing flotsam from the waiver wire onto the mound for a month (up until, what, a week and a half ago?).

If they go deep into the playoffs, there better be a dang Disney movie about this season.

• Like 2

Nice! Let's keep this going.. One game at a time..

Marlins at bats are getting better than ever.. still a lot to work on, but compare to even 1-2 weeks ago, definitely noticing a good improvement. And if the pitching can stay strong as it has been lately and the improved hitting can continue, Marlins just might  have the potential to possibly go really far this season, and maybe even post season.

3 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

I love Jazz Chisholm and hope that he will have an amazing MLB career.

But we really need Berti back.. or in the meantime maybe some at bats for Isan Diaz/Eddy Alvarez?

Or do you guys think it's better to keep him out there getting ABs?

Keep getting him ABs. Isan won't be ready for probably another week, I imagine.

6 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

But we really need Berti back.. or in the meantime maybe some at bats for Isan Diaz/Eddy Alvarez?

If the guys around him hit like they did tonight, it can be contagious.  He should see better pitches too.

He does still have to fix his approach, and quit chasing pitches, but seeing better pitches can help that.

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Keep getting him ABs. Isan won't be ready for probably another week, I imagine.

I'll be so happy the moment he gets his first HR, or Double.. Right now he's bringing some Jesus Sanchez flashbacks.. But I know it's not fair to have that high expectations for him during this very unconventional season, but I do like this preview of the Marlins most likely SS of the future, once Miguel Rojas goes to that role of that Martin Prado veteran leadership presence on the team..

1 minute ago, SirFishFan said:

The bats have looked better recently because the lineup has been more RH balanced. 

Jazz, Diaz, should only start against RHP period.  On the plus side, they have played well in the field.  

By the way how good does that Mattingly extension look now? Most expected a managerial change by now and no one would have complained if it happened but Donnie is showing he was worth keeping.

It does help change the silly idea that the manager who leads the team during the tanking years shouldn't or can't be the same guy when they wanna transition to contention. 

• Like 3

Sports news on the radio this morning: "Congrats on the Heat advancing to the conference finals and Colin Kaepernick has been added as a playable character in Madden after a recent update... that's all for sports"

So a video game content update is more important to report than the Marlins defeating the first place Braves for the second day in a row behind their ace rookie of the year candidate pitcher?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Sports news on the radio this morning: "Congrats on the Heat advancing to the conference finals and Colin Kaepernick has been added as a playable character in Madden after a recent update... that's all for sports"

So a video game content update is more important to report than the Marlins defeating the first place Braves for the second day in a row behind their ace rookie of the year candidate pitcher?

Call in and say something. 

• Like 1