9/11 - Phillies at Marlins - Game 2

I’ve never really paid much attention to the AL and fully understanding the DH.

So Realmuto is DHing and Knapp is the starting C. JP Arencibia notes if Knapp gets hurt, Phillies don’t have a catcher. Is the DH a permanent position, as in Realmuto can’t be swapped to C and whoever replaces Knapp fills the DH role?

Just now, CoastieMike said:

So Realmuto is DHing and Knapp is the starting C. JP Arencibia notes if Knapp gets hurt, Phillies don’t have a catcher. Is the DH a permanent position, as in Realmuto can’t be swapped to C and whoever replaces Knapp fills the DH role?

If JT vacates the DH spot to go into the field, the pitcher then becomes part of the batting lineup, taking Knapp's spot in this case.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, CoastieMike said:

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

If JT vacates the DH spot to go into the field, the pitcher then becomes part of the batting lineup, taking Knapp's spot in this case.

Honestly though if it changes to being universal DH full time, that rule needs to change IMO. Which could be used in very interesting ways, I feel. If you have two catchers who are good enough offensively and roughly the same on defense, I'd switch em back and forth between DH and catcher. Keep em more fresh all told.

4 minutes ago, Michael said:

Honestly though if it changes to being universal DH full time, that rule needs to change IMO. Which could be used in very interesting ways, I feel. If you have two catchers who are good enough offensively and roughly the same on defense, I'd switch em back and forth between DH and catcher. Keep em more fresh all told.

That was my thought, why not just switch guys 

Just now, GuitarPik said:

If our guys can’t even hit this pathetic Phillies pen I’m afraid we have no hope. 

If the Marlins finish the season above .500, I would consider that a major win and success. Anything beyond that would just be icing on the cake..

1 minute ago, SirFishFan said:

If the Marlins finish the season above .500, I would consider that a major win and success. Anything beyond that would just be icing on the cake..

I would have said that at the beginning of the year, but at this point we should be really trying to make the playoffs and it will be pretty disappointing if we don’t. For a few days anyway. 

• Like 1