Jump to content

9/11 Post GameS Thread


Recommended Posts


8 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

"I don't know how the Phillies don't beat the Marlins.  I would trade our bullpen for the Marlins bullpen." - Ricky Bottalico on Phillies Post-Game

Is this guy just not paying any attention? Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FishFan95 said:

Jose Quijada just gave up a walk off grand slam to Charlie Blackman in Colorado. Doesn't help the playoff chances.

Wait, THE Jose Quijada? That we used to have?!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

Ben Davis still thinks the Phillies will win 5 of 7

I still think the Marlins will win 6 of 7. 😂

 

But whatever happens the rest of the way, if the Marlins can get at least 2 more wins in the next four games, that will not be too bad..

Edited by SirFishFan
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

I still think the Marlins will win 6 of 7. 😂

 

But whatever happens the rest of the way, if the Marlins can get at least 2 more wins in the next four games, that will not be too bad..

I'm hoping for 4-5 wins

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

I still think the Marlins will win 6 of 7. 😂

 

But whatever happens the rest of the way, if the Marlins can get at least 2 more wins in the next four games, that will not be too bad..

I predicted 5, but you never know with Wheeler possibly out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, taiwanmarlin said:

He will probably double down and blame it on the Marlins.  

Im sure he will praise Giants for how fast it was detected and then isolated.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fyi this win last night had big contributions from Brinson, Isan, and Monte, which takes me to a point I've been saying for a while.

We may not ever win the Yelich trade if you wanna go by comparing WAR numbers but if Lewis, Isan, and Monte are productive members of this team for a good numbers of years then all the ragging about the Yelich trade being the worst trade ever is crap.

There are plenty of worse trades where the return has done virtually nothing at the MLB level. I know this was only one game and it will take years to see if I'm right but last night illustrates that trades don't have to be judged by analytical numbers. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Fyi this win last night had big contributions from Brinson, Isan, and Monte, which takes me to a point I've been saying for a while.

We may not ever win the Yelich trade if you wanna go by comparing WAR numbers but if Lewis, Isan, and Monte are productive members of this team for a good numbers of years then all the ragging about the Yelich trade being the worst trade ever is crap.

There are plenty of worse trades where the return has done virtually nothing at the MLB level. I know this was only one game and it will take years to see if I'm right but last night illustrates that trades don't have to be judged by analytical numbers. 

But that's the thing. The Marlins can easily win this trade analytically too. If all three of those guys average 3 WAR per year (i.e. play like above average starting position players; on the level of Willy Adames or Victor Robles) from 2021 through 2023 (the final year of team control for Brinson), they will have amassed 36 WAR, at 9 WAR per year.

Even with 15.9 WAR already in the bank, it will be very hard for Yelich to amass 36 WAR since being traded (an additional 20 WAR) before going into decline -- especially if we cut him off at 2022 (i.e. two more seasons), when his original contract was set to expire.

Expecially -- EXXXPECCIALLLYYY -- if the Brewers go into a franchise slump and the Marlins rebuild continues successfully, folks are going to be laughing at the Brewers (and denying they ever made fun of the Marlins) for this trade. They're paying that fella $26M in his age-36 season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

But that's the thing. The Marlins can easily win this trade analytically too. If all three of those guys average 3 WAR per year (i.e. play like above average starting position players; on the level of Willy Adames or Victor Robles) from 2021 through 2023 (the final year of team control for Brinson), they will have amassed 36 WAR, at 9 WAR per year.

Even with 15.9 WAR already in the bank, it will be very hard for Yelich to amass 36 WAR since being traded (an additional 20 WAR) before going into decline -- especially if we cut him off at 2022 (i.e. two more seasons), when his original contract was set to expire.

Expecially -- EXXXPECCIALLLYYY -- if the Brewers go into a franchise slump and the Marlins rebuild continues successfully, folks are going to be laughing at the Brewers (and denying they ever made fun of the Marlins) for this trade. They're paying that fella $26M in his age-36 season.

Well that would be awesome, just saying it doesn't always have to be judged that way because it's not always that straight forward. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Well that would be awesome, just saying it doesn't always have to be judged that way because it's not always that straight forward. 

And that analysis ignores the finances too. Yelich is earning more than all three of them boys combined. So really, he's got to EXCEED 36 WAR in that scenario in order for the Brewers to "win" the trade.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I started to doubt Brinson would ever provide any value, but nobody would be happier than me to be wrong. 

I know an entire front office staff that would be happier than you in that situation lol 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

I started to doubt Brinson would ever provide any value, but nobody would be happier than me to be wrong. Loving his production lately. 

Yes, he's swinging the bat MUCH better it seems.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...