9/14 Post Game Thread

Pablo with the bounceback outing.

Jobu woke up bats.

Marte and Rojas with big flies.

Aggy with a pair of ribbies.

BrAnderson with the RBI double.

Also Jazz drove in a run.

Kintzler with the perfect ninth.

We have breathing room in second place now.

5 of 7 from Philly ... complete.

• Like 5
  • Banana 1

1 minute ago, gizmo said:

Figures, we finally have a team worth supporting and I can't go to any games and spend money.

THANKS JETER

I guess we can hope that more and more people will tune into games and actually get excited about next season since most of us stay at home all day long now? 

• Like 1

I've been preaching the importance of going on a strong run at this point and I also mentioned how these last 10 games were so important. Well we've gone 7-3, nailing this ten game stretch and finally going on that run that I wanted. This is huge. We have to maintain it of course but we almost couldn't have realistically asked for a better last 8 days.

• Like 1
  • Banana 4
Just now, hovertical said:

I guess we can hope that more and more people will tune into games and actually get excited about next season since most of us stay at home all day long now? 

That's the hope.. If there is one thing I have learned in my life..

Nothing will fill a Miami sports stadium faster than a team that on a big winning streak/in the playoffs/won a championship the year before.. 😂

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Nice! Marlins win the series 5-2.. They're 2.5 game ahead of the Phillies with 15 games to go.. Performed a little bit better than expected in the series.. And no more Phillies until next year..😂

That’s actually a shame because we play really well against the Phillies.

• Haha 1
Just now, SilverBullet said:

This last week feels like the week where we established that this is no fluke, this team is for real, people can no longer downplay how well we've played. 

Actually we lost 2 games with a -31 run differential. Clearly a fluke *joking* **maybe**

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

This last week feels like the week where we established that this is no fluke, this team is for real, people can no longer downplay how well we've played. 

the Marte acquisition has really helped fill out the lineup and give it some more oomph. Stoked that he'll most likely be back next season too.

• Like 2

We've had a lot of talk about how Rowson may have fixed Brinson, but look at Miguel Rojas. He's at a 182 wRC+ over his 93 PA. He's never hit that well before. If he ends up cooling down and settling around a 105 or 110 wRC+, you're talking about an All-Star shortstop!!!

Edited by Photo-Realistic Billy
a word
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Michael said:

Sandy, Rogers, Urena the scheduled starters for the Boston series.

Hoping for bounceback starts for the first two and a bus ride to Jupiter for the third.

Thursday has scheduled starters of Jose Urena vs. Nathan Eovaldi in battle of pitchers who could never reach full potential while members of the Marlins..

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Thursday has scheduled starters of Jose Urena vs. Nathan Eovaldi in battle of pitchers who could never reach full potential while members of the Marlins..

Ureña has reached his full potential, don't worry. Lol

• Haha 3