9/14 Post Game Thread

3 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Oh, hey, I'm right there with you - doesn't make sense on a network that has 24 hours (or let's call it 12-18 hours since they'll just do re-runs in the middle of the night) of time to fill up each day that they won't 1) devote some time to every team, and 2) cover a team IN CONTENTION.

I didn't like it, but understand when they don't really cover a/your team that's in the cellar and doesn't have much going for them.  But a team in contention that's doing well should absolutely be covered, regardless of market.

A great story is a great story no matter which team it is and it can be argued that the underdog teams overachieving is the better story anyways.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Man if you had told me when Jeter bought the team that in 2020 the Marlins would most likely not even reach 30 losses... lmao I probably would have went into total shock with a massive smile on my face thinking we would reach over 130 wins! 

yep, Mike Trout is now a poor-man's Brinson

Here is a short sample size of teams that went into the postseason last year. The emphasis is to dismantle any inconsistencies (flukes) from streaks (hot or cold) in the duration of 45 games. 

Clearly with 45 games in, all streaks have been leveled out to the talent of the team. The  Nationals are the exception as there season was the definition of a streak, with a 19-26 record.

Win/Loss, 2019 vs 2020, 45 games played. 

Yankees: 28-17 (19) 24-21 (20)

Indians 25-20 (19)  26-19 (20)

Braves 24-21 (19)  26-19 (20)

Cardinals 23-22 (19)   21-21 (20)

Rays 27-18 (19)  29-16 (20)

Twins 30-15 (19)  27-18 (20)

Dodgers 29-16 (19)  32-13 (20)

The Astros I'm leaving out because the whole sign scandal.  

For the record, even if he did send that out to the press. I like it. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. This team is fun and a phenomenal story, and if we aren't naturally getting commensurate coverage, then by all means push push push!

1 hour ago, mystikol87 said:

For the record, even if he did send that out to the press. I like it. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. This team is fun and a phenomenal story, and if we aren't naturally getting commensurate coverage, then by all means push push push!

And David Samson is squeaky as fuck!

19 hours ago, mystikol87 said:

I just think the press release should be "The Miami Marlins are in 2nd place and have an over 80% chance of reaching the playoffs" instead of "Hey why haven't you looked at us we're the best story in sports you better pay attention"... the whiny complaining tone is very different than proudly mentioning what you've done.

And my point is proven when they do that and then the next game they are shut out by a last place team, making it easy for doubters to say "that's why we don't pay attention, because you suck."

• Like 1
4 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I just think the press release should be "The Miami Marlins are in 2nd place and have an over 80% chance of reaching the playoffs" instead of "Hey why haven't you looked at us we're the best story in sports you better pay attention"... the whiny complaining tone is very different than proudly mentioning what you've done.

And my point is proven when they do that and then the next game they are shut out by a last place team, making it easy for doubters to say "that's why we don't pay attention, because you suck."

I see it differently and respect your take!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mystikol87 said:

I see it differently and respect your take!

2 hours ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

This is the internet, friend. That's not a viable response.

Photo-Realistic Billy, despite being a total burger, is correct. Mystikol, you must be an abrasive asshole when disagreeing, you fuck stick. 💖

• Like 1
  • Banana 1