Atlanta Braves Hunting the Marlins Record

Since 2003 the Braves have been hunting the Marlins' NL East record of actually having more than one World Series championship in the last fifty years.

And now the Marlins are trying their hardest to up their total by one more sooner than later. 

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Since 2003 the Braves have been hunting the Marlins' NL East record of actually having more than one World Series championship in the last fifty years.

And now the Marlins are trying their hardest to up their total by one more sooner than later. 

Damn this is crazy now that I read it again. Since 1970, every NL East team has won one world series except the Marlins who have won two and now we're getting to a point where we can finally contend for the third one. Imagine if we do get that 3rd one before anyone else gets their second. Insanity. I know we have a bumpy history but I'm sure there's a line of fans who would take some of our silliness just to say they saw their team win 2 championships in their recent history.

• Banana 1
6 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Damn this is crazy now that I read it again. Since 1970, every NL East team has won one world series except the Marlins who have won two and now we're getting to a point where we can finally contend for the third one. Imagine if we do get that 3rd one before anyone else gets their second. Insanity. I know we have a bumpy history but I'm sure there's a line of fans who would take some of our silliness just to say they saw their team win 2 championships in their recent history.

Phillies have two in that span. 😞

1980, 2008.

SillyBullet.

• Banana 1
2 hours ago, Michael said:

Phillies have two in that span. 😞

1980, 2008.

SillyBullet.

Geez, I forgot 2008, don't know how I did that but I think my general point still stands. The Marlins have been quite successful in recent history when it comes to actual championships compared to the rest of the division and they are now seemingly closer to their next one.