9/15 - Red Sox at Marlins - 6:40 PM

Admin

1 hour ago, Michael said:

I agree, but it also depends who starts Thursday whether we take 2 or 3. 🙃

As a lifelong red sox fan (that was my dad and grandad's team before the marlins ever existed so we were a 2 team house hold lol) I can tell you that it doesn't matter who they throw out there, we're gonna score a lot of runs off of them, cause the pitching is historically bad (though Eovaldi is either throwing 7 shutout innings or getting shelled for 7 in the first inning).

What will dictate whether or not we pull out of here with 2-3 wins is how well we can keep them off the board. Cause don't let the record fool you, that lineup has some good thump in it. They just lose a lot of games late  where they scored 5-7 runs cause the bullpen blew the lead. So as long as we can limit the damage from the big guys (Devers, Verdugo, Bogaertz, JD), and capitalize off a horrendous staff there's not reason this shouldn't be a sweep. Though I will say today's pitcher (Houck) is a wildcard. Throws really hard but recently had his entire mechanics changed (including arm angle to accomodate a splitfinger to replace his shit changeup) because he couldn't get lefties out. Though he'll probably be a bullpen arm long term so I don't assume he will be able to get more than around 50 pitches. So even if he dominates out of the gate, we should see that terrible bullpen early.

PS: I'm pulling for the marlins 100% casue they're obviously my favorite team (not even close) but for the Red Sox's Sake, I hope they lose every game the rest of the way and shoot for the 1st overall pick next year while we wait for some of the prospects to come up lol

9 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

As a lifelong red sox fan (that was my dad and grandad's team before the marlins ever existed so we were a 2 team house hold lol) I can tell you that it doesn't matter who they throw out there, we're gonna score a lot of runs off of them, cause the pitching is historically bad (though Eovaldi is either throwing 7 shutout innings or getting shelled for 7 in the first inning).

What will dictate whether or not we pull out of here with 2-3 wins is how well we can keep them off the board. Cause don't let the record fool you, that lineup has some good thump in it. They just lose a lot of games late  where they scored 5-7 runs cause the bullpen blew the lead. So as long as we can limit the damage from the big guys (Devers, Verdugo, Bogaertz, JD), and capitalize off a horrendous staff there's not reason this shouldn't be a sweep. Though I will say today's pitcher (Houck) is a wildcard. Throws really hard but recently had his entire mechanics changed (including arm angle to accomodate a splitfinger to replace his shit changeup) because he couldn't get lefties out. Though he'll probably be a bullpen arm long term so I don't assume he will be able to get more than around 50 pitches. So even if he dominates out of the gate, we should see that terrible bullpen early.

PS: I'm pulling for the marlins 100% casue they're obviously my favorite team (not even close) but for the Red Sox's Sake, I hope they lose every game the rest of the way and shoot for the 1st overall pick next year while we wait for some of the prospects to come up lol

You're fired.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

If @Photo-Realistic Billy doesn't post a long reply to this disputing it, I am going to be very disappointed.

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

If @Photo-Realistic Billy doesn't post a long reply to this disputing it, I am going to be very disappointed.

In fact, @marlinsmaniac is quite right here. The Red Sox offense is above average, while the pitching (as judged by xFIP) has been bad:

R6BEnKW.png

And when you look at just results, like ERA and FIP, y'all can see this is truly a historically bad season for Sox pitchers:

7d5evI2.png

The only season close to this ineptitude is the 1906 team (126 ERA-), which was technically the Boston Americans. So really, no Red Sox team has even been close to this level of pug-ugly.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

In fact, @marlinsmaniac is quite right here. The Red Sox offense is above average, while the pitching (as judged by xFIP) has been bad:

R6BEnKW.png

And when you look at just results, like ERA and FIP, y'all can see this is truly a historically bad season for Sox pitchers:

7d5evI2.png

The only season close to this ineptitude is the 1906 team (126 ERA-), which was technically the Boston Americans. So really, no Red Sox team has even been close to this level of pug-ugly.

Looooove it! 😂😂

• Like 1