9/15 Post game thread

4 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Maybe this was a bad day to start the "pay attention to us" campaign?

That's what I was thinking all game long..

Well, either way the next few days all the attention will be all about the Heat-Celtics series anyways, but still, hopefully the Marlins can win the next two and maybe pick up another game on the Braves before the Nats series begins..

Edited by SirFishFan
1 hour ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

The series is still wide open, not to worried. Just don't get swept. 

Yes, I agree.

This was a tough loss, but we still have two games left with the Red Sox and Marlins still have 14 games left in the season. If the Marlins can manage to get the next two, then we still are in a good spot going into the series vs. the Nats. 

It’s definitely an exciting time to be a Marlins fan for sure, especially for those of us who have lived through all the past seasons after 2003. Just the fact that it’s the middle of September and the Marlins are in a close race for a playoff spot is something to be excited about!

I would really like to see the Marlins finish this season strong and make the Postseason for sure, even if they don’t make the WS, just the fact that they were able to follow up a 57-105 season with a playoff run, even in a 60 game season, is definitely something special to watching..

So, regardless of whatever happens the rest of the way this season, if the Fish make the playoffs or not, or win the World Series or not, overall, I can definitely say this has been a fun year to be a Marlins fan, definitely super frustrating at times, but also a lot of fun moments and exciting feeling seeing your favorite team in a playoff chase, something I haven’t felt in such a long time! 😂

• Like 2

This team has been all about resiliency this year, they've almost always bounced back from a loss with an energetic win, tip of the cap to Houck for this loss but I'm now excited for them to get back on the field tonight.

• Like 1

they looked off the entire game - almost to the point of what teams will sometimes look like when they get in really late  for a road game and play an early game the following day.  It was incredibly lackluster all around. Timing was off all night long.  EXTREMELY disappointing loss after such a high from the last series.  Is Boston one of the teams that the fish struggle mightily with regardless of season for whatever reason in intraleague play?  I was thinking it was?  For as much as Miami beats up on the Orioles i was thinking that the BoSox almost do the same to Miami? 

Anyway, really does give the next two games a must-win vibe.

11 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

Yes, I agree.

This was a tough loss, but we still have two games left with the Red Sox and Marlins still have 14 games left in the season. If the Marlins can manage to get the next two, then we still are in a good spot going into the series vs. the Nats. 

It’s definitely an exciting time to be a Marlins fan for sure, especially for those of us who have lived through all the past seasons after 2003. Just the fact that it’s the middle of September and the Marlins are in a close race for a playoff spot is something to be excited about!

I would really like to see the Marlins finish this season strong and make the Postseason for sure, even if they don’t make the WS, just the fact that they were able to follow up a 57-105 season with a playoff run, even in a 60 game season, is definitely something special to watching..

So, regardless of whatever happens the rest of the way this season, if the Fish make the playoffs or not, or win the World Series or not, overall, I can definitely say this has been a fun year to be a Marlins fan, definitely super frustrating at times, but also a lot of fun moments and exciting feeling seeing your favorite team in a playoff chase, something I haven’t felt in such a long time! 😂

It's been a fun ride and that's why, whatever the outcome, I will not allow it to overshadow what this season has been for me. If we don't make the playoffs, it will sting but I won't cause it to be anything more than that. 

Just enjoy the ride. It's going to be fun. I think even if we lose the series, it's manageable. With sixto we have a good chance. 

• Like 4