Sign in to follow this  
Michael

4-1 Post Game Thread

You know what makes this the worst-worst?

If deGrom was pitching tonight, we'd have won with the three we scored. 😞

• Laugh 1

Let Polly start the GT tomorrow, please! It's gonna be payback, I hope we put 10 runs on them!

6 minutes ago, Ema2R said:

Let Polly start the GT tomorrow, please! It's gonna be payback, I hope we put 10 runs on them!

who? 

• Sad 1

One of the ongoing long term debates about baseball. Did the shitty call cost us the game or should steck have still been able to wiggle out of the situation. The unfortunate part is that 5 runs were a direct result of bad umpiring. Had that been an out I feel the Mets don’t score that inning. 

eh, it's game 5. lots of positives. We lost, but there is a lot to like  about this team.

• Like 1

per ESPN: 

Said Mets manager Mickey Callaway: "I saw a guy trying to get out of the way of a fastball that was going to hit him in the face."

When Stanton got hit in the face you saw a guy trying to get out of the way. He collapsed his feet and was already falling to avoid contact. With Lagares, you had someone trying to block the ball with the bat. His body language said nothing about moving out of the way. If it is a swing when it happened to Stanton and then for Reed (Johnson)  one pitch later to get a strikeout, then there is no reason why this should go as a HBP. I mean if a pitch was coming at you and you swung the bat at it to try to deflect it and it still hit you, what do you think the call would be?

• Like 5