Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

Advice to the Marlins

Why can't it be both though? Getting the right players and teaching them right takes time so why not work on the fan experience along the way? And the people who work on the fan experience aren't the one who work on the on field product so it's not like working on either should take away from the other. I hate the insinuation that working on the fan experience means they aren't working on improving the on field product.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

That’s the dumbest shit in the world.  Every sports franchise in America is simultaneously trying to improve their team and making adjustments to fan experience. 

• Like 3

Different people handle those tasks but the decision makers at the top can dedicate more resources to one instead of the other. I think the Marlins are doing both well, but in a general sense he's right about the concept. You aren't going to bring in many people because of fan experience. In the end, they are only coming in droves and on a regular basis, if the team is playing well.

4 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Mets' beat writer.

Even worse.  A person with nothing tied into the marlins acting like the marlins business decisions are a personal affront to him.  

• Like 3

I am a big proponent of letting kids in free. The money right now is in TV, but real fans are made by experiencing the game action in person. If you get them early, they will become fans for life. That is how you build a fan base. Plus if kids are coming, then you still make money off their parents and concessions. I don't really see the downside.

• Like 5