Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

Jose Urena: Extension or Trade Candidate?

trade he too many chance to be starting pitcher even ace pitcher i remeber when was guy came out from bullpen didnot do well out bullpen too

1 hour ago, Michael said:

If you can get Jose Urena for Jose Urena, do it.

Juan Carlos Oviedo is listening

The old Marlins FO would have valued Ureña way more than any other team in baseball, but the new FO does seem to value swing-and-miss stuff and out pitches a bit more (see: Smith, Caleb; Richards, Trevor; Anderson, Nick; and Kinley, Tyler) so they might value him accurately: a batting practice machine. Ureña does not throw an out pitch and doesn't have enough movement on his pitches to keep batters off balance to pitch to weak contact. He's the worst pitcher in the rotation right now and wouldn't be in the rotation of most baseball teams. 

All this being said, I still believe Jose Ureña would be an above average relief pitcher. 

34 minutes ago, SongInTheAir said:

The old Marlins FO would have valued Ureña way more than any other team in baseball, but the new FO does seem to value swing-and-miss stuff and out pitches a bit more (see: Smith, Caleb; Richards, Trevor; Anderson, Nick; and Kinley, Tyler) so they might value him accurately: a batting practice machine. Ureña does not throw an out pitch and doesn't have enough movement on his pitches to keep batters off balance to pitch to weak contact. He's the worst pitcher in the rotation right now and wouldn't be in the rotation of most baseball teams. 

All this being said, I still believe Jose Ureña would be an above average relief pitcher. 

You didn’t answer the question presented in the title. 

You just Mike Hill’d us. Long answer while avoiding the question. 

32 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

You didn’t answer the question presented in the title. 

You just Mike Hill’d us. Long answer while avoiding the question. 

shhh he's part of the FO.

• Like 1

Trade him. The best thing that can happen is he has another September leading up to the trade deadline. I think right now Caleb Smith is the ace of this staff with Pablo being the #2 on the staff. Really excited about what Neidert is doing. Gallen isn't far behind and would be a quality 4/5 starter.

Also, the only player I think the Marlins would offer an extension to right now is Brian Anderson.

7 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Release him after two suck starts. 

This may be the answer.  We DFA'd Straily.  Might do the same to Urena.