Dutchman123

I watch the Marlins with sound OFF!

Hollandsworth and his sidepiece- condesending and mind numbing. I can’t tell who is who. I would like to listen to and watch a Marlins game but Hollandsworth just talks and fills dead air- with nothing relevant- just assaulting my mind so I am unable to process for myself a play, a pitch or a hit.  Verbal diarrhea! Insulting to baseball fans. 

• Confused 1

Severino is fine. Hollandsworth needs to learn that "less is more." That is all.

19 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Bring back Rich and Tommy

I remember when Len left and they got rich everyone hated rich. A few years later people started liking him. 

2 minutes ago, legacyofCangelosi said:

I remember when Len left and they got rich everyone hated rich. A few years later people started liking him. 

I don't see that ever happening with Todd unless he really cuts back on the energy drinks.  I remember Rich sounding like he wanted to kill Todd on a few occasions for drinking so many of them.  Todd was too stupid to even understand that Rich was mocking him.

1 hour ago, legacyofCangelosi said:

Todd is nowhere near Rich's level but this is a good point. People do tend to have a hard time adjusting to change when they're used to whatever was already there. 

Severino isn't the problem. I don't believe he ever has been. He did a great job on MLB Network as I listened to him for a couple of years while he was on there. Hollandsworth is bringing him down. The whole "they sound alike" is so accurate it's ridiculous. Always takes me a little bit after a commercial break to figure out who is talking. Then I realize Hollandsworth is talking when he rambles about his playing days.

Honestly, why not let Tommy do the home games ala what they tried with Conine a couple years back. Then let Craig Minervini do the road games. He did a much better job than Hollandsworth.

I know everyone's said they're very similar, but there was a time in a game the other day where I 100% thought it was Holly talking telling a story, and it wound up being Severino - it took me a few minutes to even realize it - only when Holly started talking did I realize it wasn't him.

“I remember when..” The public gets used to a lower quality product. What I initially want to say is “‘wow! that new announcer is great!” 

And that is also part of the problem: Severino and Hollywood sound similar- hard to distinquish and that adds to a nonplussed fan experience

If the Marlins could select any national announcer current today- who should we get?