9/25 Post Game Thread - POST SEASON BOUND!

5 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

So since I showed up just to this forum before the 2019 season, am I one of those bandwagoners that everyone is warning about?

Hahahahaha. I've only been here less than a month, but I've been following the Marlins since before Jack McKeon was hired back in '03.. Through all the rough years and the one good year. 😂

Somehow I didn't find out about this website until a few months ago.. I was very active on the old mlb.com/marlins fan forums back in '03-'06

You'll be a bandwagoner if your first Marlins game you watch all year will be the Marlins first playoff game.. and you act like you are the Marlins number one fan of all time, even though you haven't paid attention since Stanton was traded.. 😂

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Alright.

I'm not ashamed to share this with you guys. I've been on this site for 16 years and change. July 9, 2004. I grew up on this website (explains all the dick jokes).

I've gone through tragedies both personal and with you all with Jose.

I went through so many seasons of watching this teams with my parents. Strictly my mother from 2010 through 2014 cause my dad had to work further away and stayed with us when he could. But 95% of the time, it was just me and her. Me and her. Yelling for wins. Yelling at losses. Wondering when the next great team was going to be. Jose became our favorite, and how many of us say the same?

We lost her in July of 2015 at the age of 53. She battled a whole bunch of things for years and there was a chance she was on the upswing. But with everything going on with her and her life ... it ended up being too much. Her birthday was August 2nd, soon after her passing. Of course, as fate would have it. Jose pitched that game. We won on a Hech walk-off homer.

After those final outs tonight, I was thinking about so much. And finally after about 30 minutes, I got quiet, thought for a bit strictly about the games with her. Everything we went through together over the years, again both personal and with the Marlins.

I just broke down. I haven't stopped for about 30, 40 minutes, I don't know how long it's been.

I cannot tell you all what I would give to have her here with us watching this playoff run now. Even if it ends up being just two games.

I love all of you. The ones who have been here from the start to the new ones. The ones I've had all friendly discourse with, disagreements, even crazy arguments. All of you. We are all part of this Marlins family together. And thank you for being part of my life. ❤️ 

Juntos Miami.

Let's get it.

Love you brother. ❤️ 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Alright.

I'm not ashamed to share this with you guys. I've been on this site for 16 years and change. July 9, 2004. I grew up on this website (explains all the dick jokes).

I went through so many seasons of watching this teams with my parents. Strictly my mother from 2010 through 2014 cause my dad had to work further away and stayed with us when he could. But 95% of the time, it was just me and her. Me and her. Yelling for wins. Yelling at losses. Wondering when the next great team was going to be. Jose became our favorite, and how many of us say the same?

We lost her in July of 2015 at the age of 53. She battled a whole bunch of things for years and there was a chance she was on the upswing. But with everything going on with her and her life ... it ended up being too much. Her birthday was August 2nd, soon after her passing. Of course, as fate would have it. Jose pitched that game. We won on a Hech walk-off homer.

After those final outs tonight, I was thinking about so much. And finally after about 30 minutes, I got quiet, thought for a bit strictly about the games with her. Everything we went through together over the years, again both personal and with the Marlins.

I just broke down. I haven't stopped for about 30, 40 minutes, I don't know how long it's been.

I cannot tell you all what I would give to have her here with us watching this playoff run now. Even if it ends up being just two games.

I love all of you. The ones who have been here from the start to the new ones. The ones I've had all friendly discourse with, disagreements, even crazy arguments. All of you. We are all part of this Marlins family together. And thank you for being part of my life. ❤️ 

Juntos Miami.

Let's get it.

that's good stuff brother. I'm so happy for those of us that have stuck through it all for 17 YEARS!!! 

Ps - I got ya by 2 weeks!! 😉

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Michael said:

Alright.

Juntos Miami.

Let's get it.

Hugs to you, my friend. Thank you for sharing 🤗❤️

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Michael said:

Alright.

Juntos Miami.

Let's get it.

Tonight really hit home for a lot of us...

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Rabbethan said:

I know I've been a cameo here from time to time in the last 7 years or so after spending every night on this board for a long time but I fucking love all of you. All the guys who spent thousands of game day posts with me when Loria was fucking this team over and over. 

rab in the house!!!!!

• Like 2

I would like to thank you guys for accepting me, being newbie and all. I have always checked in to read the message boards, I believe in 2002 when Castillo went on his hitting streak, I would read the boards, it could have been the sun sentinel, I can't remember. Anyways, we all been through tough years not having a team that we can identify because what was good was taken away soon after. 

Im happy for everyone here. It's really a great group of posters. 

Go marlins!!

• Like 5

Being a Marlins fan is such a roller coaster ride.  Highs as high as you can get, and lows that rip your damn heart out.  But for as young as the franchise is, there's a lot of history here and if you stick around long enough you get to experience some pretty cool shit.

• Like 5

Emotional night in a lot of ways. 

Jose. 

Watching this game with my 12 and 14 year old sons who have only known the pain that comes with being a Marlins fan. 

Tonight there was joy.  Finally.  But on Jose day it felt just a little bittersweet.  That’s what being a Marlins fan is all about. 

• Like 5