9/25 Post Game Thread - POST SEASON BOUND!

2 minutes ago, Valid said:

Haven't posted here in a long while, but just popping in to say I'm PUMPED and that I hope you're all doing well.

This is a Valid comment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Banana 1

Regarding the bandwagon fans comments - anyone above and beyond the core 16 are bandwagon fans!

8 hours ago, Mr. Man said:

It's been 17 years. 

17 years since they got into the playoffs. I went from a relatively young man to a middle aged one. I admit I almost started tearing up when they finished this game. Was so tired of being with the have nots. It gets ingrained in the culture of the club. 

It just gets so tiring year after year sitting on the outside, finishing up the season while watching other teams gearing up for the post season. 

I say let's start a streak of making the playoffs. And turn this thing around for good. 

Animated GIF

5 hours ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

Not sure if this got shared elsewhere already, but this video is perfect.

Gave me goosebumps!

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Rabbethan said:

If you sat through Brian Moehler, Rick Vandenhurk, or Wei-Yin Chen starts you're not a bandwagon fan.

Brian Moehler was an odd favorite of mine. Lol.

I was at the game where collected his first two career RBI, against the Mariners.

Don't forget the days of having to sign Mike Rivera to catch because our top four catchers were all injured.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Michael said:

Brian Moehler was an odd favorite of mine. Lol.

I was at the game where collected his first two career RBI, against the Mariners.

Don't forget the days of having to sign Mike Rivera to catch because our top four catchers were all injured.

Do you remember that Brian Moehler/Greg Maddux - Marlins vs. Cubs matchup back in '06?

3 minutes ago, Michael said:

Can't say I do but I imagine a lot of contact was made.

Yeah, it was a great game..

Doubles from Cabrera and Mike Jacobs, Triple from Uggla, HR from Joe Borchard all off of Maddux..

Marlins won the game 9-3.. Moehler was solid.. He completely outdueled Maddux that game.

6 hours ago, Erick said:

I’m not even sure if I want that. We’ll be underdogs either way, but I think the Padres are tougher than the Cubs. 

Plus, I’d rather just play the Cubs at this point to keep up with the 2003 vibes.

How amazing would it be if the Cubs would put a  Steve Bartman cutout in his old seat

17 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

My post, or David Samson’s? 😂

Samson! Don't worry, big guy. For me, I just do banana for any post that doesn't fall under any of the other emojis. For Samson's tweet, I just don't even know what to think lol

Edited by mystikol87
  • Haha 1
  • Banana 1
1 minute ago, Das Texan said:

I believe Bartman got season tickets down the LF line this year...

oh that was at Safeco.

Too bad.  Reminds me I dont thing the Cubs did cutouts.

No fun Cubs.

So, after posting here arguably too damn much for the last 15 years, we finally clinched and then ironically I spent three days away from the site lol though it was kinda by accident... I just relaxed and soaked it all in on Friday night and then for the rest of the weekend was kinda busy and I just stayed away because I knew that I would find some really deep, juicy, emotional posts when I got to it and so I was almost not ready to come back until I was actually able to sit and pay attention to everyone's posts. It just didn't feel like the right time to casually glance at the threads while preoccupied elsewhere... boy was I right.

It's been four days since we clinched and this thread made me choke up again... Michael and Cyggy, your stories of course stand out and we all send love your way, but just overall I absolutely love the passion and the heart displayed by this entire board, this amazing community, a weird family that we've built here. I absolutely cannot imagine being such a die hard Fish fan without this community to enjoy all of this with. Can anyone imagine being a Marlins fan without this place? I wouldn't know who to discuss anything with, it wouldn't be the same. Anyways, most of you have already said the same thing in better words than I.

Thank you all, I love being part of this with you guys. I'm very proud of how strong and vibrant this group is, you guys make this place what it is. Here's to more amazing times coming up! 

• Like 3