Sign in to follow this  
SongInTheAir

Ladies and Gentlemen, Gold Glove Outfielder and Former Marlin Marcell Ozuna

20 hours ago, Piazza31 said:

DAS, we all know you've given up on the Marlins... but man... YOU should have saw this coming from 2013-2017 lol. He was good for a goof up a month in Miami. How many times did he dive for balls and have it roll past him?

How he won a Gold Glove is dumbfounding.

he was the outfielder I wanted the LEAST.

I did see it coming, I thought his big 2017 was a mirage and an outlier.  Appears to be the case, but hopefully he can approach it with the bat.

His defense wasnt THIS bad with the Marlins though.  He could at least throw back then for one.

20 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Weird how Das said in the past that the Marlins got ripped off in that Ozuna trade.

They did, we gave up spare parts.

17 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Do you regret giving up Alcantara? 

No.

13 hours ago, Rydawg said:

Not sure why the hate on Ozuna by Das.  He a solid if unspectacular 2018.  His slugging hurt his OPS but still a solid campaign.  He doesn't have a huge contract and according to Das, they got him for spare parts.  What's the problem?  Also, I don't watch Cardinals games but Ozuna had plenty arm strength when he was here. 

Solid isnt what he was acquired for.  

He has a fucked up shoulder he doesnt really want to fully fix, but band aids it.  

We did get him for spare parts.  Mags was never going to make it (he hasnt in Miami), Sandy was going to be a reliever for the Cardinals and the other pitcher even further down the depth chart.

I'm not overly concerned with what we gave up.  I just hope he just hits the fucking ball a lot, gets a lot of hits and helps wins games with his bat so he can be benched in the late innings for defense.  

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Zac Gallen.

Ya him.

Nice pitcher, hope he makes it.  

Would have been a back end starter for us (probably will be that or maybe a mid guy), which isnt a bad career these days!