Last Marlins Game on Fox Sports Florida Today

MarlinsFan19

In other words, it's not a foregone conclusion that Holly is gone (really the main thing we want to change lol).  If we renegotiate with Sinclair, they still own what is now Fox Sports Florida, meaning even if/when they rebrand it, the employees (i.e. Paul and Todd) will still be there unless they fire them.....

Maybe they'll bring Rich and Tommy back! 😛 😛

The biggest issue I have with Paul and Holly is that their tone of voice sounds so similar.. The first few games I watched with both of them, I had a hard time telling which voice was which..

It's nice to have some contrast in voice tones from the Play by play guy and the color commenter.. It's also nice to have color commentary guy who can give some valuable insights and isn't too annoying all the time..

Do a trade of Holly and Glen Geffner! Or bring back Boog Sciambi to the Fish!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

The biggest issue I have with Paul and Holly is that their tone of voice sounds so similar.. The first few games I watched with both of them, I had a hard time telling which voice was which..

It's nice to have some contrast in voice tones from the Play by play guy and the color commenter.. It's also nice to have color commentary guy who can give some valuable insights and isn't too annoying all the time..

DVH is 81 Years Young so I’d imagine he’d want to retire soon.

The main issue for Holly is that Paul doesn’t fill much time for a PBP man so it leaves Holly filling the rest of the airtime

My Dream Booths would be

TV: Three Man Booth

Paul Severino (PBP)

Glenn Geffner (Analyst): Would bring analytical insight and historical reference to the TV booth.

Juan Pierre (Analyst): He was very informative during the interview on how he’s helped Lewis Brinson become a big contributor to the team, would bring insight on baserunning and the style of baseball the Marlins play.

Radio

Jon Sciambi (PBP): Really enjoy his national ESPN TV and Radio telecasts. ESPN has not given him a defined role so Jeter could give him a steady role in a great organization.

Todd Hollandsworth (Analyst)

This radio booth would be a party, I think there would be great chemistry in a Sciambi-Hollandsworth radio booth and bring constant joy to the radio side, especially during blowout games when filling time can be tedious.

Edited by MarlinsFan19
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Assuming they have time left on their deals of course, do we know for sure either is signed beyond 2020?

No clue.  Tried to find something, but couldn't.

28 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Agreed that they're too similar, and Todd rambles on a lot.

42 minutes ago, hovertical said:

I thought so too?

This article is a little unclear, but the fact an FSF president is quoted here and not a Marlins rep suggests to me he's an FSF employee, but maybe the Marlins have like veto power when a new analyst is brought on?

"We are thrilled to have Todd join our Marlins broadcast booth this upcoming season," said Steve Telleo, Fox Sports Florida SVP and general manager. "Todd returns to South Florida with a wealth of baseball expertise, and we believe his unique perspectives and experience in both television and radio will bring exciting color commentary to our Marlins telecasts."

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-marlins/fl-marlins-todd-hollandsworth-1223-20161222-story.html

19 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

It would be pretty lame to fire Paul and/or Holly just because of changing TV deals and this is coming from me who absolutely can't stand Hollandsworth's commentary. But none of this is their fault and they've done nothing to be canned. The "right" way to do this is to sign the new deal and carry over the same announce team. They can be reevaluated at a later date but don't can them only because a new deal is coming that would be awful.

And about Paul and Holly sounding alike... they actually know about this complaint. During yesterday's game as they thanked the people working behind the scenes on the broadcasts when they were discussing the audio crew Paul jokingly said "these people are the reason Holly and I sound alike." I thought that was cool. Paul has a lot of great qualities but his subtle form of humor is a plus for me.

27 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

It would be pretty lame to fire Paul and/or Holly just because of changing TV deals and this is coming from me who absolutely can't stand Hollandsworth's commentary. But none of this is their fault and they've done nothing to be canned. The "right" way to do this is to sign the new deal and carry over the same announce team. They can be reevaluated at a later date but don't can them only because a new deal is coming that would be awful.

And about Paul and Holly sounding alike... they actually know about this complaint. During yesterday's game as they thanked the people working behind the scenes on the broadcasts when they were discussing the audio crew Paul jokingly said "these people are the reason Holly and I sound alike." I thought that was cool. Paul has a lot of great qualities but his subtle form of humor is a plus for me.

They could also keep Paul and ditch Holly.

Without knowing when their contracts expire, it's hard to say much.