Game 1 and 2 on ABC, Game 3 on ESPN

This is a huge exposure boost for the club at a time when they’re emerging and will bring in a lot of Heat fans who are watching the NBA Finals this week on ABC.

This is the ultimate time to attract new fans

Our new regional TV deal just got another notch more expensive!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rabbethan said:

First baseball game on ABC in 25 years.

Technically the Astros/Twins will get that honor. But we’ll be the 3rd game!

Just realized that our game Wednesday will be 1 hour after theirs starts on ABC so I guess it will be regional. 

Edited by GuitarPik
6 hours ago, GuitarPik said:

Technically the Astros/Twins will get that honor. But we’ll be the 3rd game!

Just realized that our game Wednesday will be 1 hour after theirs starts on ABC so I guess it will be regional. 

Twins Astros is Tuesday

13 hours ago, MarlinsFan19 said:

This is a huge exposure boost for the club at a time when they’re emerging and will bring in a lot of Heat fans who are watching the NBA Finals this week on ABC.

This is the ultimate time to attract new fans

Our new regional TV deal just got another notch more expensive!

This will have little to zero impact on the regional tv deal.

It not being done at this point is the bigger issue.

This is probably the first time in my life I'm bummed about working an office job. First time in my adult life the Marlins make the postseason, and I will get to watch none of it. Unless they advance to the next round, maybe.

20 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

This will have little to zero impact on the regional tv deal.

It not being done at this point is the bigger issue.

It makes the team more marketable.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, SongInTheAir said:

Is this on...like, Big ABC or local ABC? If I turn on ABC here in Los Angeles at 11 am (ugh) will I see Marlins baseball?

What's the difference between Big ABC and local ABC?

Your ABC network will have the game on at 2 PM ET /11 AM PT that day.

There is only one game airing on ABC at that time so it isn't like a situation with seasonal national games where different areas get different games.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Most of these game times are atrocious... I can't believe they're doing this. Let's expand the playoffs to create more interest across the leagues... but hey most people won't get to actually watch these games!

Idiots.

Yeah, the full schedule is crazy:

Tues:

ALWC 1 (g1) Astros vs. Twins - Tues 2pm - ABC

ALWC 2 (g1) White Sox vs. Athletics - Tues 3pm - ESPN

ALWC 3 (g1) Blue Jays vs. Rays - Tues 5pm - TBS

ALWC 4 (g1) Yankees vs. Indians - Tues 7pm - ESPN

Wed:

NLWC 1 (g1) Reds vs. Braves - Wed 12pm - ESPN

ALWC 1 (g2) Astros vs. Twins - Wed 1pm - ESPN2

NLWC 2 (g1) Marlins vs. Cubs - Wed 2pm - ABC

ALWC 2 (g2) White Sox vs. Athletics - Wed 3pm - ESPN

ALWC 3 (g2) Blue Jays vs. Rays - Wed 4pm - TBS

NLWC 3 (g1) Cardinals vs. Padres - Wed 5pm - ESPN2

ALWC 4 (g2) Yankees vs. Indians - Wed 7pm - ESPN

NLWC 4 (g1) Brewers vs. Dodgers - Wed 10pm - ESPN

Thursday times haven't been announced, as it depends who's still playing.

There's going to be a game starting every hour from 12-5 Wed, with another 2 hours later, and another 3 hours after that.

Edited by rmc523

Why didn't they have games on at the same times? Like, say two games at 4pm and two games at 8pm each day.

I guess they don't want the games to compete with each other but that would be better than having games at 12, 2 and 10pm when literally less people can actually watch.

Fans are gonna watch their favorite teams anyways so it's not like they're really competing with each other for viewers. Cubs and Marlins fans will watch that game and Reds and Braves fans will watch that game and so on.

There's no real reason why they can't run at the same time especially when there's so many games it's too difficult to spread them out.

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Why didn't they have games on at the same times? Like, say two games at 4pm and two games at 8pm each day.

I guess they don't want the games to compete with each other but that would be better than having games at 12, 2 and 10pm when literally less people can actually watch.

Fans are gonna watch their favorite teams anyways so it's not like they're really competing with each other for viewers. Cubs and Marlins fans will watch that game and Reds and Braves fans will watch that game and so on.

There's no real reason why they can't run at the same time especially when there's so many games it's too difficult to spread them out.

Yeah, don't know - maybe trying to pad TV numbers if people tune in for the beginning of a game that their team isn't playing in?

i.e. our game is at 2pm Wed, but I may tune in to one of the 2 other games before our game starts and switch over at game time?  So then the numbers for that other one look better?

4 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, don't know - maybe trying to pad TV numbers if people tune in for the beginning of a game that their team isn't playing in?

i.e. our game is at 2pm Wed, but I may tune in to one of the 2 other games before our game starts and switch over at game time?  So then the numbers for that other one look better?

But it's a Wednesday... most people are at work until around 5 or so... weekday afternoon games are just an awful time for postseason games. There's no way to defend that decision in my eyes. Every little thing they could think of as far as saying "well people might watch this or that because of this reason" etc etc all of that goes out the window because of how many people are literally not capable of watching those games even if they wanted to.

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

But it's a Wednesday... most people are at work until around 5 or so... weekday afternoon games are just an awful time for postseason games. There's no way to defend that decision in my eyes. Every little thing they could think of as far as saying "well people might watch this or that because of this reason" etc etc all of that goes out the window because of how many people are literally not capable of watching those games even if they wanted to.

Oh, I agree it's terrible, just guessing that maybe that's their logic to improve things in a bad situation?  Best of the worst sort of thing?

• SonOfJack changed the title to Game 1 on ABC, Games 2 & 3 on ESPN
12 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

Hmm..

According to Joe Frisaro’s article just Game 1 will be on ABC and Games 2 and 3 are scheduled to be on ESPN.

https://www.mlb.com/marlins/news/marlins-vs-cubs-nl-wild-card-2020-game-1-faq

I guess I should say that on closer look Games 2 and 3 are scheduled for ESPN/TBS, so that probably will be determined by Tuesday evening, I would imagine..

Well, either way, at this point I wouldn’t care if the games are on ESPN, TBS or the Home Shopping Network.. as long as the Fish are in the playoffs! 

😂

• SonOfJack changed the title to Game 1 and 2 on ABC, Game 3 on ESPN