Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

Pressure? What pressure?

Whether it is fair or not, I would not be shocked if Don is fired during the season.

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

Whether it is fair or not, I would not be shocked if Don is fired during the season.

That would be horrible PR I think. Let him finish the contract. 

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

That would be horrible PR I think. Let him finish the contract. 

If this team really would have a new manager next season, I'm not against to have a new one now. 

17 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Are we not in April of year two of a rebuild with a team expected to approach 100 losses again?

Craig was a real fan. 

1 minute ago, taiwanmarlin said:

If this team really would have a new manager next season, I'm not against to have a new one now. 

I agree with this especially if it is a rookie manager like Jorge Posada. No reason to delay the learning experience.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Which is why they should have dumped Don last offseason. Doing it during the season brings out a lot of criticism because Don isn't great but firing him now is putting the blame on him when the real blame is on how poor this team is, regardless of who the manager is. I mean can a better manager really get this team to many more wins?

• Like 1

Just now, SilverBullet said:

Which is why they should have dumped Don last offseason.

Agreed.

Since they didn't, I'd rather they do it in-season than after the season though. I don't personally care about the criticism because that's coming regardless always.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I agree with this especially if it is a rookie manager like Jorge Posada. No reason to delay the learning experience.

Yeah, just like the rookie players, the rookie manager needed every minute on the field to grow to a good manager. 

• Like 1