Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

Pressure? What pressure?

Don might be the greatest guy but he has no managerial pedigree, i think he's to soft and doesnt know how to handle the BP, Dodgers got rid of him because of it. Only reason why he's managing is because Loria loved ex-Yankees I bet if Loria didn't hire him as manager he wouldn't be managing right now. Jeter should let him finish the season anyways the Marlins are not going to get better with a new mngr 

1 minute ago, el_gmac said:

the Marlins are not going to get better with a new mngr 

This isn't the point of making the change. It is to give the next guy a head start on experience which is important especially if it is a rookie manager.

Just now, SonOfJack said:

This isn't the point of making the change. It is to give the next guy a head start on experience which is important especially if it is a rookie manager.

that's a valid point but then we go back again why he wasn't let go in the off season then

1 minute ago, el_gmac said:

that's a valid point but then we go back again why he wasn't let go in the off season then

He should have been but you still make the change in-season, it was a mistake but you can still make up for some of it.

6 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

He should have been but you still make the change in-season, it was a mistake but you can still make up for some of it.

I guess on the flip side, you can use the argument "we expected improvement this year, and we weren't seeing it, so we made a change," which you can't in the offseason.

Rebuilding is one thing.  Scoring 1 run over a 3 game series is another altogether.  For those of us who pay for a season ticket package (I have tickets for tomorrow night), this looks like a it's going to be a long and miserable season.  Maybe a historically bad one.   I hope that the players do feel some "pressure"; they have to do something to try to generate more offense.  Sending O'Brien down and replacing him with dean or Ramirez might be a start.

Releasing Chen would be the best move they can do 

17 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Still... who in Triple A is really gonna make that much of a difference? 

Don't tell me that Gallen is gonna do worse than Ureña....