Sign in to follow this  
THRILLHO

International Bonus Pool

14 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

I knew the $250k figure.  Where did you get the 75% limit?  The article says 60% but that could be wrong

My apologies, you're right; I went off the MLBTR article I read, but they also had it wrong (probably used the "bones" of last year's article).

The confusion was that you could trade 75% for the 17-18 and 18-19 periods, but it dropped to 60% this year (19-20 period) and going forward.

http://m.mlb.com/glossary/transactions/international-amateur-free-agency-bonus-pool-money

Clubs will be able to acquire up to 75 percent of their initial international bonus pool money in the 2017-18 and 2018-19 signing periods and up to 60 percent of their initial pools in subsequent signing periods.

• Like 1

@rmc523 I see.  Well looks like this thread has already accomplished something.  Thanks for sorting that out for us.  

The $250k chunks is a key aspect because  it blocks teams from dealing one player for the entire shortfall.  We would have to make 14 separate deals to accomplish that which seems impossible when you look at the number of valuable assets we have that the team wants to move in the near term.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

@rmc523 I see.  Well looks like this thread has already accomplished something.  Thanks for sorting that out for us.  

The $250k chunks is a key aspect because  it blocks teams from dealing one player for the entire shortfall.  We would have to make 14 separate deals to accomplish that which seems impossible when you look at the number of valuable assets we have that the team wants to move in the near term.  

You can trade more than 250k at one time/in a single trade.  It just has to be in increments of 250k (so, 250k, 500k, 750k, 1M, etc).

That's why we've often been confused/waiting to hear about how much we received in trades when international money has come back.

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

You can trade more than 250k at one time/in a single trade.  It just has to be in increments of 250k (so, 250k, 500k, 750k, 1M, etc).

That's why we've often been confused/waiting to hear about how much we received in trades when international money has come back.

Thank God.  Clearly I'm no expert in this...hence the need for a thread.

Just now, SilverBullet said:

This thread is like watching Big Bang Theory.

That's the most insulting thing anyone has ever said to me.

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

This thread is like watching Big Bang Theory.

I don't know what this means.

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

I don't know what this means.

I think he's trying to say that it sucks and it is repetitive.

• Laugh 1

3 hours ago, LHPMarlin said:

First, the Trump administration's revocation of the deal with the Cuban baseball federation would seemingly hurt the Marlin's plans of going after top Cuban talent. 

Wait what? 😮