NL Postseason Games

rmc523

11 hours ago, AeroFishOne said:

I have never wanted a team to lose as badly as I do the Braves. Especially after tonight.

Same.  And I've had enough of the Dodgers winning, but I want them to win this series.

I honestly haven't watched any postseason games after we got eliminated.

This crap again? We still playing this game?

Here's Anthony Castrovince of MLB.com talking about the Braves and he says this...

In the NL Division Series, they breezed past a Marlins club whose mere presence in the postseason was due to their success in the seven-inning doubleheaders necessitated by their own COVID-19 outbreak.

Marlins played 12 doubleheader games, they went 8 and 4, so four games over .500 in the doubeheaders.

Didn't realize the Marlins only made the playoffs because of the 4 extra wins the doubleheaders gave them, didn't realize the doubleheader games counted differently than the other games, didn't realize the Marlins were so terrible if you remove the doubleheaders.

MLB.com should know better.

• Like 1

Kinda crazy how the World Series is shaping up. I think a Dodgers WS appearance was almost unanimously expected and from that a rematch with the Astros was lining up beautifully so that the Dodgers could finally reach their elusive goal with an avenging victory over those cheating Astros... but holy cow the Braves and Rays have just about completely flipped the script and what looks to be coming might be more interesting than expected for us Marlins fans. I think plenty of us have a share of respect, maybe some envy, to the Rays and when you combine that with a pretty common hatred for the Braves, we might have a lot to root for around here if this WS is the matchup it's looking like it's gonna be.

Not gonna lie, I was really ready for the Dodgers over Astros redemption story though.

6 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Kinda crazy how the World Series is shaping up. I think a Dodgers WS appearance was almost unanimously expected and from that a rematch with the Astros was lining up beautifully so that the Dodgers could finally reach their elusive goal with an avenging victory over those cheating Astros... but holy cow the Braves and Rays have just about completely flipped the script and what looks to be coming might be more interesting than expected for us Marlins fans. I think plenty of us have a share of respect, maybe some envy, to the Rays and when you combine that with a pretty common hatred for the Braves, we might have a lot to root for around here if this WS is the matchup it's looking like it's gonna be.

Not gonna lie, I was really ready for the Dodgers over Astros redemption story though.

Don’t count the Dodgers out just yet. 

• Like 1

Dodgers have been my unofficial second favorite team I think since Juan Encarnacion was traded there after ‘03. 

While I haven’t followed them super closely over the years, I have followed from a distance every season, maybe watching a game or two if I can.

But I have to say, I’ve never been a biggest Dodgers fan in my life than I am tonight!

Let’s go Dodgers!

😂

2 minutes ago, hovertical said:

anyone else think he'll end up being another Hanley?  I kinda get that vibe from him

I said recently he reminds me of Nyjer Morgan. Obviously a more talented version, but I mean personality wise. It is all about him and he'll go crazy for no reason.

Hanley's problem was himself, Acuna's problem is more about how he interacts with others, so yes the Nyjer Morgan example is valid. Acuna may be a better player than Hanley though so he should have a better career over time though. Also plays for a team more marketable than the Marlins so he'll be hyped and promoted even more. Actually a more successful team too so he will make more playoff appearances as well. Yea the signs sure do point to Acuna surpassing Hanley. 

7 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Hanley's problem was himself, Acuna's problem is more about how he interacts with others, so yes the Nyjer Morgan example is valid. Acuna may be a better player than Hanley though so he should have a better career over time though. Also plays for a team more marketable than the Marlins so he'll be hyped and promoted even more. Actually a more successful team too so he will make more playoff appearances as well. Yea the signs sure do point to Acuna surpassing Hanley. 

I guess it's time to re-sign Ureña ...

(For any Braves fan who somehow shows up here, I'm joking.)