9/30 Post Playoff Game Thread

MLB announced that they will sell about 11,500 tickets to the NLCS and the World Series. Anyone want to risk their lives with me to go see the Marlins when they make it to the World Series in Texas, the state with the second most COVID cases and the highest recent regrowth rate?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Banana 1

Just realized that the Marlins in 2003 lost game 1 of the NLDS to the Giants and then won 4 straight. Then they lost 3 in a row against the Cubs before winning 4 straight. Then they lost two in a row against the Yankees and then won 3 in a row. Today makes 4 straight.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, SongInTheAir said:

MLB announced that they will sell about 11,500 tickets to the NLCS and the World Series. Anyone want to risk their lives with me to go see the Marlins when they make it to the World Series in Texas, the state with the second most COVID cases and the highest recent regrowth rate?

I had a layover in Dallas a couple weeks ago and you'd think they'd never even heard of the pandemic.  I want to estimate about half of the workers weren't wearing masks, I didn't see any of the markers on the floor you see everywhere to give the 6 feet distancing and there was even a candy kiosk with bulk bins still open where the cashier would dig down in there while not wearing a mask. It really was a wild experience. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1