10/6 - Marlins at Braves NLDS Game One

Admin

• The topic was unlocked
1 hour ago, AeroFishOne said:

God I hope we win. Braves fans have been insufferable and I’m in the middle of Braves territory. For team that hasn’t had a ton of real success in a relevant time period, they sure area cocky obnoxious bunch

Sounds about right for the region where college football teams are given opportunities at titles simply because "history."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AeroFishOne said:

God I hope we win. Braves fans have been insufferable and I’m in the middle of Braves territory. For team that hasn’t had a ton of real success in a relevant time period, they sure area cocky obnoxious bunch

It's starting to feel like a public health necessity that we win. Braves fans gathering en masse outdoors to root for Atlanta? It's up to the Marlins, of all folks, to save Georgia from the coronavirus.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Braves fans are pretty cocky, they seem more entitled than you would expect... but with that said I have to admit I've come across a few respectable ones recently. 

Collectively I have found that they are a lot better than Mets or Phillies fans. Probably wouldn't share a drink with most of them though.

6 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

Braves fans seemed butthurt at the concept that bad pitchers who are no longer on the roster should not be considered when evaluating the series. I wonder what they think of Max Fried's career 5.13 ERA vs the Marlins.

Yea it's incredible the logic some people use to fit their biased arguments.

On IG I saw someone saying the Braves had a 6-4 record vs us this year and someone responded yeah but the Braves beat the Marlins like 15 times last year. The 2019 Marlins roster is so different that those comparisons aren't actually valid.

Actually I'll give Marlins examples of this too. It doesn't matter that the Marlins beat the Braves in the 97 NLCS. And it doesn't matter that the Marlins have never lost a playoff series. None of those things have any relevance to this current series.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Probably shouldn't share a drink with anyone considering we're still in a pandemic.

Stay safe buddy.

They have done studies that even saying "stay safe" can release water droplets that can spread the virus. Stop trying to kill me.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

Braves fans seemed butthurt at the concept that bad pitchers who are no longer on the roster should not be considered when evaluating the series. I wonder what they think of Max Fried's career 5.13 ERA vs the Marlins.

Holy moly the responses in that thread are insane. Not sure what people don't understand about that stat,