10/6 - Marlins at Braves NLDS Game One

Admin

2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Host asked the panel which team if any can overtake the Dodgers and the answer was Yankees and they discussed a hypothetical Yankees/Dodgers World Series for first 5 mins of show

No surprise. That's where the big money ratings would be

6 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Host asked the panel which team if any can overtake the Dodgers and the answer was Yankees and they discussed a hypothetical Yankees/Dodgers World Series for first 5 mins of show

It's funny and annoying but I'll give them a little pass because FS1 is a national network so they'll discuss the entirety of the playoff picture before hopefully getting into more detail about the game that's gonna follow. It's just the way it is.

Though it does undermine this series... we're gonna show you the Braves and Marlins but don't worry because the Dodgers are gonna win the pennant anyways so who cares.

6 minutes ago, gizmo said:

No surprise. That's where the big money ratings would be

I said this recently but I'm still not convinced how this even works in this situation. People who are tuning into this game are doing so for the Braves and Marlins... how does mentioning the Yankees and Dodgers make a difference in ratings for this broadcast? Do they think a 5 min discussion on those two teams will make people stay to watch the Braves and Marlins?

If they're airing a Yankees or Dodgers game I get the ratings difference but not sure how discussing them on another teams' games makes a difference.

I feel like if we win this series, it's gotta be in 4 games - Atlanta SP is so fucked after Fried and Anderson (holy crap we gotta be so favored game 3) and definitely don't want to face Fried again in game 5.

And between Fried and Anderson, I think we are more likely to steal this one - we're better against LHP and they haven't seen Sandy yet this year.

I think this is the most important game in the series for us - if we can steal it, I'm a lot more confident about us winning.

Let's do it boys

• Like 3