NLDS Post-Game 1 Thread

Just now, rmc523 said:

Like I said in the other thread, sucks to lose it that way.

Not like we went down early and couldn't claw back coming up just short.

Yea true. Sandy pitched better than Fried and we were able to score 5, so we had a chance to win this one and we let it slip. And winning this game could have been pivotal for us so it stings.

A couple points that have to be mentioned in this thread...

That crowd noise is a serious problem, do the players hear it as badly as we do?

And why is Acuna such a bitch? I'm all for an injection of youth and energy into the game but I'm not getting a good vibe from some of these young punks the game likes to promote now. 

22 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

A couple points that have to be mentioned in this thread...

That crowd noise is a serious problem, do the players hear it as badly as we do?

And why is Acuna such a bitch? I'm all for an injection of youth and energy into the game but I'm not getting a good vibe from some of these young punks the game likes to promote now. 

I have yet to find a way to contact them about it.  It seems to be more of a problem with domed places - Tropicana field had the same problems when we played the Rays.

I think it's probably a bit louder in person, but I think it's something to do with the microphones, but clearly nobody associated with the broadcasts listens to the broadcasts to know there's a major problem.

Shouldn't it just be a turn of the knob on the announcers' microphones on the sound board?  There's no reason you're not able to hear the broadcasters over piped in crowd noise. 

45 minutes ago, Valid said:

We lost Game 1 of the 2003 NLDS against the Giants, too.

Let's hope history repeats itself.

We'll get Game 2, boys.

This is exactly what I came here to say.

I can still remember that 2003 NLDS very clearly.

Game 1 the Marlins had Josh Beckett pitching vs Jason Schmidt and the Marlins lost that game 2-0, with Schmidt throwing a 3 hit complete game  shutout.

If you remember, the Giants had been in the World Series the previous season, so of course they were the favorites not just for the NLDS but to make it to the World Series.

I remember after that first game, some people were saying the series was over and expecting the Giants to just cruise by the rest of the games vs the Marlins.

After that Game 1 the Marlins won three in a row and won the series 3-1.

I know these are two completely different situations, but still it’s only been just one game so far, a lot can still happen!

• Like 3

We should have won this game, we had it all going right for us, but we let the momentum go to the Braves and they never gave it back. I don't think Sandy hit Acuna on purpose, but that was undeniably the turning point in the game in terms of momentum and "team spirit" if you will. 

I don't think Sandy thought, "time to hit Acuña" but I do think he thought something like, "gotta pitch him in, and if I hit him, oh well" which to be fair is the way you pitch to a guy who crowds the plate like Acuña does. Had him leaning over with the first pitch slider outside, then bust him in with the fastball. Just busted him a little too far in, and in a firecracker situation. 

Bottom line: Fuck Acuña and the Barves

Not worried about this loss. It's a shame we lost the way we did.  I had this game going to the Braves anyway.

Before the game, I felt if the Braves lost game 1 they will lose the series. But if the Marlins lost its still manageable. I still feel that way.  

I know it's a must win tomorrow, but I still feel like we can win out if we don't.  To be honest, it's a must win game for the Braves tomorrow to. For both teams a win is equally as important